iPhone 5 - Not receiving all messages; Message tone sounds, but no message.

Contributor

iPhone 5 - Not receiving all messages; Message tone sounds, but no message.

2 problems I am experiencing.

1) My message tone sounds when I have no unread text message to read.  It simply rings/vibrates, and there is nothing. I've asked some people at work, and they've also experienced this.

2) Lately, I have not been receiving all text messages. I know this has happened for a fact on 2 group texts that were recently sent out. From my friend's phone, it says the message was delivered, but I never receieved it. Today I discovered that iMessage was turned off, so I turned that back on. Not sure if that will solve the problem or not.

Thanks in advance for anyone's help!

Message 1 of 4 (1,248 Views)
Teacher

Re: iPhone 5 - Not receiving all messages; Message tone sounds, but no message.

My best guess is to call AT&T and ask them to check and see if there were any errors on their end from the incoming and outgoing text messages. If there are, they can do some troubleshooting to fix this issue. If its happening to a lot of people it could be some network issue in the area and they will have to submit a case for it to be resolved.

Message 2 of 4 (1,171 Views)
Master

Re check your settings also reboot the phone remember all smart phones are like computers and require a swift kick in the butt occasionally.

Message 3 of 4 (1,153 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

try a hard reset to see if this helps. i had that problem and after the hard reset the problem went away.

Message 4 of 4 (1,112 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.