Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 18, 2013
2:41:25 PM
View profile
iPhone 5 Cable issues
When I have been using the car charger to charge my iphone 5 at some point, it can be hours, days or weeks of using my lightening cable will just stop working. I can't charge or sync with it, either on a computer, AC or DC. I have used the cable that came with the phone and cables I have purchased off line. This just started happening a couple months ago using the same car charger I've had. Has anyone had the same issue. I've gone through about 7 cords now.
When I have been using the car charger to charge my iphone 5 at some point, it can be hours, days or weeks of using my lightening cable will just stop working. I can't charge or sync with it, either on a computer, AC or DC. I have used the cable that came with the phone and cables I have purchased off line. This just started happening a couple months ago using the same car charger I've had. Has anyone had the same issue. I've gone through about 7 cords now.

iPhone 5 Cable issues

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2013 3:39:08 PM
(0)
Former Employee

Facci wrote:

When that many cables aren't working, I'd start suspecting the phone is the problem. 

Facci wrote:

When that many cables aren't working, I'd start suspecting the phone is the problem. 

Re: iPhone 5 Cable issues

2 of 7 (689 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2013 7:20:59 PM
(0)
Master
I would agree. Have Apple check out your phone.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
I would agree. Have Apple check out your phone.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

3 of 7 (636 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 19, 2013 6:12:51 AM
(0)
Guru
I would agree, but it just seems strange that it seems to be only happening when it's plugged into the car charger and not other ways.
I would agree, but it just seems strange that it seems to be only happening when it's plugged into the car charger and not other ways.

4 of 7 (577 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 19, 2013 7:07:11 AM
(0)
Expert

Facci wrote:

What car charger are you using? Is it one specificly stated to work on the Iphone 5? The charger that I use for the verizon Iphone 4s I have will not work for my personal Iphone 5

Facci wrote:

What car charger are you using? Is it one specificly stated to work on the Iphone 5? The charger that I use for the verizon Iphone 4s I have will not work for my personal Iphone 5

5 of 7 (566 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 19, 2013 3:48:46 PM
(0)
Guru
I don't think so. It's been a while since I bought it but I purchased a new one that states it is for use with the iPhone 5 and it has done the same thing.
I don't think so. It's been a while since I bought it but I purchased a new one that states it is for use with the iPhone 5 and it has done the same thing.

6 of 7 (536 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 19, 2013 5:38:23 PM
(0)
Master

I had this happen once with the Apple charger (tried both of my Apple Lightning cables)  and I noticed I did not get that solid click when inserting the lightning connector so with a magnifing class I noticed lint in the port and took a flat wooden toothpick and cleaned it out then both cables worked with everything.

I had this happen once with the Apple charger (tried both of my Apple Lightning cables)  and I noticed I did not get that solid click when inserting the lightning connector so with a magnifing class I noticed lint in the port and took a flat wooden toothpick and cleaned it out then both cables worked with everything.

7 of 7 (527 Views)