iPhone 4S

Contributor

iPhone 4S

Can I turn off voicemail temporarily so that any incoming calls simply ring?
Message 1 of 5
ACE - Professor

Re: iPhone 4S

If you have created your voicemail, then unfortunately there is no option to turn voicemail off. Smiley Sad
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
ACE - Master

Incoming calls should always ring whether voicemail is on or off unless you have "do not disturb" set to send calls directly to voicemail. The only other reason for not ringing first is if the connection to your phone fails and turning voicemail off wouldn't help that.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 5
ACE - Professor

Sandblaster, in this case, the OP wants to turn off Voicemail so that the phone simply rings continuously (or until the caller hangs up), but I'm not aware there's such a feature on the iPhone. Maybe you would know? Smiley Tongue

~Sunshine Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
ACE - Master

Evandela wrote:

Sandblaster, in this case, the OP wants to turn off Voicemail so that the phone simply rings continuously (or until the caller hangs up), but I'm not aware there's such a feature on the iPhone. Maybe you would know? Smiley Tongue

My bad, didn't get that meaning. Anyway, I found this thread that provides instructions on how to change how long the phone rings before going to voice mail. The instructions also outline how to forward the call to a number different than the voicemail number, so it may be possible to simply forward the call back to your mobile number, essentially meaning the phone continues to ring until answered or the caller hangs up. The instructions: https://forums.att.com/t5/Account-Features/Adjusting-number-of-rings-before-voicemail-picks-up/td-p/...

Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support