Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 2, 2013
12:02:48 AM
View profile
iPhone 4S
Can I turn off voicemail temporarily so that any incoming calls simply ring?
Can I turn off voicemail temporarily so that any incoming calls simply ring?

iPhone 4S

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 2, 2013 12:21:02 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
If you have created your voicemail, then unfortunately there is no option to turn voicemail off. Smiley Sad
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
If you have created your voicemail, then unfortunately there is no option to turn voicemail off. Smiley Sad
~Sunshine :)
- Sunshine :)
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: iPhone 4S

2 of 5 (435 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 2, 2013 6:18:34 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Incoming calls should always ring whether voicemail is on or off unless you have "do not disturb" set to send calls directly to voicemail. The only other reason for not ringing first is if the connection to your phone fails and turning voicemail off wouldn't help that.

Incoming calls should always ring whether voicemail is on or off unless you have "do not disturb" set to send calls directly to voicemail. The only other reason for not ringing first is if the connection to your phone fails and turning voicemail off wouldn't help that.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 5 (382 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 2, 2013 10:36:21 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by Rayosun on Aug 2, 2013 at 10:36:49 AM

Sandblaster, in this case, the OP wants to turn off Voicemail so that the phone simply rings continuously (or until the caller hangs up), but I'm not aware there's such a feature on the iPhone. Maybe you would know? Smiley Tongue

~Sunshine Smiley Happy

Sandblaster, in this case, the OP wants to turn off Voicemail so that the phone simply rings continuously (or until the caller hangs up), but I'm not aware there's such a feature on the iPhone. Maybe you would know? Smiley Tongue

~Sunshine :)
- Sunshine :)

[ Edited ]
4 of 5 (371 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 2, 2013 12:19:53 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Evandela wrote:

My bad, didn't get that meaning. Anyway, I found this thread that provides instructions on how to change how long the phone rings before going to voice mail. The instructions also outline how to forward the call to a number different than the voicemail number, so it may be possible to simply forward the call back to your mobile number, essentially meaning the phone continues to ring until answered or the caller hangs up. The instructions: https://forums.att.com/t5/Account-Features/Adjusting-number-of-rings-before-voicemail-picks-up/td-p/...

Evandela wrote:

My bad, didn't get that meaning. Anyway, I found this thread that provides instructions on how to change how long the phone rings before going to voice mail. The instructions also outline how to forward the call to a number different than the voicemail number, so it may be possible to simply forward the call back to your mobile number, essentially meaning the phone continues to ring until answered or the caller hangs up. The instructions: https://forums.att.com/t5/Account-Features/Adjusting-number-of-rings-before-voicemail-picks-up/td-p/1636998

5 of 5 (354 Views)