Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 21, 2013
7:00:23 PM
View profile
iPhone 4S not receiving sms from specific people?
My daughter and I both have iPhone 4S, hers is a basic goPhone plan with unlimited texting and mine is still under contract.
I sent her several sms text messages and I thought she didn't respond, but her phone shows the messages sent. Nothing received on my end.

So I tested the sms texting with her 2 brothers iphone.4s. They sms text successfully to both of us.

I tested with my husbands iphone, and he can send and receive to her phone. He receives messages from me, but my phone does not receive responses from him either.

So it looks like its a problem with my phone receiving sms from these 2 people ... And I don't know how many others I may be missing.

Any thoughts on why I can't receive sms texts from 1/2 my family?
My daughter and I both have iPhone 4S, hers is a basic goPhone plan with unlimited texting and mine is still under contract.
I sent her several sms text messages and I thought she didn't respond, but her phone shows the messages sent. Nothing received on my end.

So I tested the sms texting with her 2 brothers iphone.4s. They sms text successfully to both of us.

I tested with my husbands iphone, and he can send and receive to her phone. He receives messages from me, but my phone does not receive responses from him either.

So it looks like its a problem with my phone receiving sms from these 2 people ... And I don't know how many others I may be missing.

iPhone 4S not receiving sms from specific people?

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 22, 2013 4:40:51 AM
(0)
Expert

Mom04isme wrote:

you are both using a iphone, it is trying to send via Imessage which utilizes data to transfer between 2 apple devices, it can be cellular or wifi.

Mom04isme wrote:

you are both using a iphone, it is trying to send via Imessage which utilizes data to transfer between 2 apple devices, it can be cellular or wifi.

Re: iPhone 4S not receiving sms from specific people?

2 of 2 (498 Views)