iPad text messages confirmation email to xxxxxxxxxx@txt.att.net

Contributor

iPad text messages confirmation email to xxxxxxxxxx@txt.att.net

I want to have regular text messages show up on my iPad.  It seems to do this, I need to add the email address 10digitmobilenumber@txt.att.net.  However, there is no way to receive the confirmation email???  I want to get the same text messages on my iPad that I get on my iPhone.

Help!

Message 1 of 2 (1,149 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

Re: iPad text messages confirmation email to xxxxxxxxxx@txt.att.net

dianneledet wrote:

I want to have regular text messages show up on my iPad.  It seems to do this, I need to add the email address 10digitmobilenumber@txt.att.net.  However, there is no way to receive the confirmation email???  I want to get the same text messages on my iPad that I get on my iPhone.

Help!

An iPad is not capable of sending or receiving SMS or MMS messages. There are apps that allow you to send and receive SMS/MMS messages but they use external servers and your ipad would have its own unique address. In other words you would not receive texts sent to your iphone. You can, however, receive iMessages at both devices. On your ipad, Go to settings, messages, send & receive and add your iPhone number to the "you can be reached by iMessage at" list. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2 (1,108 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.