Wireless Forums

Posted Jul 23, 2013
1:13:36 PM
View profile
iPad text messages confirmation email to xxxxxxxxxx@txt.att.net

I want to have regular text messages show up on my iPad.  It seems to do this, I need to add the email address 10digitmobilenumber@txt.att.net.  However, there is no way to receive the confirmation email???  I want to get the same text messages on my iPad that I get on my iPhone.

Help!

I want to have regular text messages show up on my iPad.  It seems to do this, I need to add the email address 10digitmobilenumber@txt.att.net.  However, there is no way to receive the confirmation email???  I want to get the same text messages on my iPad that I get on my iPhone.

Help!

iPad text messages confirmation email to xxxxxxxxxx@txt.att.net

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 23, 2013 3:29:49 PM
(0)
Employee

dianneledet wrote:

Help!

An iPad is not capable of sending or receiving SMS or MMS messages. There are apps that allow you to send and receive SMS/MMS messages but they use external servers and your ipad would have its own unique address. In other words you would not receive texts sent to your iphone. You can, however, receive iMessages at both devices. On your ipad, Go to settings, messages, send & receive and add your iPhone number to the "you can be reached by iMessage at" list. 

dianneledet wrote:

Help!

An iPad is not capable of sending or receiving SMS or MMS messages. There are apps that allow you to send and receive SMS/MMS messages but they use external servers and your ipad would have its own unique address. In other words you would not receive texts sent to your iphone. You can, however, receive iMessages at both devices. On your ipad, Go to settings, messages, send & receive and add your iPhone number to the "you can be reached by iMessage at" list. 

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: iPad text messages confirmation email to xxxxxxxxxx@txt.att.net

2 of 2 (748 Views)