Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 1, 2014
6:49:27 PM
View profile
iPad Number: 818-***-****, is using my account without permission, ATT wont help
Edited by Phil-101 on Mar 1, 2014 at 7:42:11 PM

iPad Number: 818-***-****, is using my account without permission, ATT wont help.

This iPad Mobile Device Number: 818-***-****, is using my account and I can't get ATT to help me resolve this issue. I have used this email in the past to sign up with my iPad and it shows it on their account history but they wont stop this current user to stop using my account.

They said they can leave a message with the number on the acount. They did for three months.

Nothing, Not ATT has neglected to call me back like they said!

This is UNACCEPTABE!

[edited for privacy]

iPad Number: 818-***-****, is using my account without permission, ATT wont help.

This iPad Mobile Device Number: 818-***-****, is using my account and I can't get ATT to help me resolve this issue. I have used this email in the past to sign up with my iPad and it shows it on their account history but they wont stop this current user to stop using my account.

They said they can leave a message with the number on the acount. They did for three months.

This is UNACCEPTABE!

[edited for privacy]

iPad Number: 818-***-****, is using my account without permission, ATT wont help

[ Edited ]
5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 1, 2014 7:02:43 PM
(0)
Guru
Edited by Phil-101 on Mar 1, 2014 at 7:45:10 PM

Hello thehauntstore,

The Community Guidelines prohibit posting Personally Identifiable Information on the forums. That being said, this is an account specific problem, it's likely in your best interest to send ATTCustomerCare a private message with a description of your problem, your phone number, and the best time to reach you. Someone will get in touch with you within 2-3 business days to ensure you're directed to the appropriate person to help you resolve your situation.

[Subject edited to reflect previous post changes]

Hello thehauntstore,

The Community Guidelines prohibit posting Personally Identifiable Information on the forums. That being said, this is an account specific problem, it's likely in your best interest to send ATTCustomerCare a private message with a description of your problem, your phone number, and the best time to reach you. Someone will get in touch with you within 2-3 business days to ensure you're directed to the appropriate person to help you resolve your situation.

[Subject edited to reflect previous post changes]

Re: iPad Number: 818-***-****, is using my account without permission, ATT wont help

[ Edited ]
2 of 6 (531 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 3, 2014 4:17:39 PM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello @thehauntstore 

Is this account in your name? If it is there should be no reason why you can't just cancel the line. If it's not in your name, are you being billed for it or how is it affecting you?

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello @thehauntstore 

Is this account in your name? If it is there should be no reason why you can't just cancel the line. If it's not in your name, are you being billed for it or how is it affecting you?

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: iPad Number: 818-***-****, is using my account without permission, ATT wont help

3 of 6 (430 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 7, 2014 11:10:02 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by Phil-101 on Mar 8, 2014 at 5:56:05 AM

It is infringing on my work email. Which I have used previously on my iPad
for AT&T service (which is designated in my account)
But like any corporate crap company they only care about customers who are
currently paying them money.

Its easy enough to simply suspend that persons account to resolve the issue
at hand and free up my email address, so that i can continue my iPad
service with my Own Email account.

It's poor service when you get an email every month in your in box
saying (reminding you) your auto renew for your account has taken place. It
truly is Identity theft and AT&T is not taking responsibility for Identity
theft.

This is poor service on behalf of AT&T who wont do anything for my work
email account.
Their solution: Use a different email. That is 110% unacceptable service
and its down right insulting!

JAy

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

It is infringing on my work email. Which I have used previously on my iPad
for AT&T service (which is designated in my account)
But like any corporate crap company they only care about customers who are
currently paying them money.

Its easy enough to simply suspend that persons account to resolve the issue
at hand and free up my email address, so that i can continue my iPad
service with my Own Email account.

It's poor service when you get an email every month in your in box
saying (reminding you) your auto renew for your account has taken place. It
truly is Identity theft and AT&T is not taking responsibility for Identity
theft.

This is poor service on behalf of AT&T who wont do anything for my work
email account.
Their solution: Use a different email. That is 110% unacceptable service
and its down right insulting!

JAy

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

[ Edited ]
4 of 6 (371 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 8, 2014 4:49:34 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

thehauntstore wrote:

This is UNACCEPTABE!

[edited for privacy]

What do you mean by "Using my account"

thehauntstore wrote:

This is UNACCEPTABE!

[edited for privacy]

What do you mean by "Using my account"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 6 (361 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 10, 2014 7:31:01 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello @thehauntstore 

Thanks, so it's not billing you and it's not in your name, but somehow (possibly by mistake) they registered a prepaid iPad account using your email address as their username, and because of that, you're not able to register yours using the same email address. Is that what's happening? We're just trying to understand your issue.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Hello @thehauntstore 

Thanks, so it's not billing you and it's not in your name, but somehow (possibly by mistake) they registered a prepaid iPad account using your email address as their username, and because of that, you're not able to register yours using the same email address. Is that what's happening? We're just trying to understand your issue.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

6 of 6 (304 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments