iOS 7

Scholar

iOS 7

iOS 7 is out, but I'm having a difficult time downloading it.  It keeps crashing, I suspect Apple's servers are being overloaded.

Message 1 of 39 (3,743 Views)
Expert

Re: iOS 7

Apple public forums are saying about 3.5 GB free needed to install the update

Message 2 of 39 (3,561 Views)
Mentor

What's it do when it crashes?  I'm in the middle of the update now.  "Preparing Update..."  Status bar is so almost complete... Stay tuned..

Message 3 of 39 (3,559 Views)
Mentor

I started with 9.1 gig free. iPhone 4s. I've made it through download, verify, auto-reboot and now it's about 1/3 through the status bar with the apple logo. I started at 1:07 EST. Still not there...
Message 4 of 39 (3,508 Views)
Mentor

Success!

Message 5 of 39 (3,497 Views)
ACE - Professor

Just downloaded it myself, was about 762MB (not via iTunes), rather Software Update itself. Smiley Happy
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 39 (3,478 Views)
Professor

Just downloaded and installed via software update on the phone. My initial impression is, I hope they being out an option to revert to the "Classic" look in the future. I really don't like the new flat bubblegum and candy look.

No problems with the update except for having to try a few times to download and then verify because the servers were busy.
Message 7 of 39 (3,422 Views)
Expert

dwill05 wrote:
Just downloaded and installed via software update on the phone. My initial impression is, I hope they being out an option to revert to the "Classic" look in the future. I really don't like the new flat bubblegum and candy look.

No problems with the update except for having to try a few times to download and then verify because the servers were busy.

this is about the same reaction on the apple forums - outside of the yelling about not having more servers. One question that was asked but not answered - In IOS 6.x.x you could double click the home button and terminate the backgtround running apps - how is that done in 7. Debating upgrading my personal Ipad to it since the apps that are on it all have IOS 7 compatiblity.

Message 8 of 39 (3,408 Views)
Master

When you double click the home button it opens like it would for multitasking each open app will be a postage stamp size to close it simply swipe up its closed.

Still wish they had a button to close all apps well maybe next time.

Message 9 of 39 (3,396 Views)
Scholar

E the P wrote:

iOS 7 is out, but I'm having a difficult time downloading it.  It keeps crashing, I suspect Apple's servers are being overloaded.

I was finally able to get it downloaded.  Rather sluggish at first, but I kinda like it.  There has been some reviews on reduced battery life, but hey there usually is.

Message 10 of 39 (3,382 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

To close the apps, double click the home button like usual. You'll get the app icon with a reduced size view of the page of the app above it. Swipe the PAGE view up to close, not the app icon.
Message 11 of 39 (3,361 Views)
Professor

Just make sure you backup your device before updating. The update hosed my iPad and I had to restore to factory, re-activate it, then restore the backup from before the update. Now waiting for all the apps and data to resync.

I think I'll hold off on updating the phone for a while.

Message 12 of 39 (3,249 Views)
ACE - Professor

Best hold on until night time or tomorrow at best to avoid any issues on updating. No idea how I managed to update mine without a hitch tho it took 20 minutes lol
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 13 of 39 (3,217 Views)
Master

I updated both my iPad4 and iPhone 5 from software update in both their settings menu so far so good now to get use to the new features.

I did update iTunes and backed both up.

Message 14 of 39 (3,170 Views)

I have the 4s and downloaded iOS7 earlier today without any problems. Does anyone know if Apple brought back the weather widget in the notification center? I read online it was there in the beta version but when I pull down the screen it's not there and I can't find it anywhere.

Message 15 of 39 (3,144 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.