Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 10, 2014
12:18:45 PM
View profile
iOS 7.1

iOS 7.1 is out.  I've successfully installed it on my iPhone 5S.  I'm pleased with the release, but I can't find the "black keyboard" option.  I wonder if they eliminated that in the general release.

iOS 7.1 is out.  I've successfully installed it on my iPhone 5S.  I'm pleased with the release, but I can't find the "black keyboard" option.  I wonder if they eliminated that in the general release.

iOS 7.1

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 10, 2014 1:10:01 PM
(0)
Community Manager

Hey E the P, thanks for sharing, I'm downloading it now. I didn't know they had an option for the black keyboard (in Beta I'm guessing), please let us know if you find itSmiley Happy

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hey E the P, thanks for sharing, I'm downloading it now. I didn't know they had an option for the black keyboard (in Beta I'm guessing), please let us know if you find itSmiley Happy

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: iOS 7.1

2 of 11 (1,229 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 10, 2014 2:07:11 PM
(0)
Master

Loaded it on phone and pad also ATV got an update today.

Loaded it on phone and pad also ATV got an update today.

3 of 11 (1,206 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 12, 2014 7:27:25 AM
(0)
Guru

I have the 5s and updated to 7.1 yesterday OTA with no issues. However, now when my phone is in the "lock" mode and I receive a phone call the only option now is "slide to answer" with the "remind me" and "message" options above it. However, there is no separate "decline" and "answer" buttons. But if the phone is not in lock mode then they are both there. I'm pretty sure I had both options before when in lock mode. Since y'all have upgraded do you have both "decline" and "answer" options in "lock" mode?

I have the 5s and updated to 7.1 yesterday OTA with no issues. However, now when my phone is in the "lock" mode and I receive a phone call the only option now is "slide to answer" with the "remind me" and "message" options above it. However, there is no separate "decline" and "answer" buttons. But if the phone is not in lock mode then they are both there. I'm pretty sure I had both options before when in lock mode. Since y'all have upgraded do you have both "decline" and "answer" options in "lock" mode?

4 of 11 (1,074 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 12, 2014 9:32:29 AM
(0)
Tutor
ive noticed the change to when someone is calling you that there is no option to decline the call only to answer it, hmmm....

and also, idk of this is something new that came with the update, but i have noticed when the phone is lock, when u press a button to wake, the wallpaper zooms in a little bit. now is this something new or its been there for a while and i just didnt notice it? this really bothers me.
ive noticed the change to when someone is calling you that there is no option to decline the call only to answer it, hmmm....

and also, idk of this is something new that came with the update, but i have noticed when the phone is lock, when u press a button to wake, the wallpaper zooms in a little bit. now is this something new or its been there for a while and i just didnt notice it? this really bothers me.

5 of 11 (1,060 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 12, 2014 9:42:51 AM
(0)
Scholar

rodetrip wrote:

I've noticed that too.  I think it's part of the redesign.  Also, to follow-up on a previous post, it looks like the black keyboard option has been removed from the final release version.  I can't find it anywhere and no news notice mentions it.

rodetrip wrote:

I've noticed that too.  I think it's part of the redesign.  Also, to follow-up on a previous post, it looks like the black keyboard option has been removed from the final release version.  I can't find it anywhere and no news notice mentions it.

6 of 11 (1,056 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 12, 2014 11:46:57 AM
(0)
Community Manager

That's actually how it's been before iOS7, so they're sort of going back on that. To decline the call, all you have to do is press your power button twice (one press will mute the ring).

I do like the new wallpaper effect too.

Another cool feature IMO is the ability to show on screen button shapes, I never liked their text only style. It's available in Accessibility menu.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

That's actually how it's been before iOS7, so they're sort of going back on that. To decline the call, all you have to do is press your power button twice (one press will mute the ring).

I do like the new wallpaper effect too.

Another cool feature IMO is the ability to show on screen button shapes, I never liked their text only style. It's available in Accessibility menu.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

7 of 11 (1,040 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 13, 2014 8:25:49 AM
(0)
Master

E the P wrote:

Unfortunately Apple removed the black Keyboard option with the official release of iOS7. I miss the black Keyboard when I'm using my iPad Air. Smiley Sad

E the P wrote:

Unfortunately Apple removed the black Keyboard option with the official release of iOS7. I miss the black Keyboard when I'm using my iPad Air. Smiley Sad

8 of 11 (981 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 13, 2014 8:29:52 AM
(0)
Master

I like the fact that I have not had one App crash on my iPad Air since I updated to iOS 7.1 a few days ago. Before that, some of my Apps like Safari would crash to the home screen at least once a day.

I like the fact that I have not had one App crash on my iPad Air since I updated to iOS 7.1 a few days ago. Before that, some of my Apps like Safari would crash to the home screen at least once a day.

9 of 11 (980 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 13, 2014 10:51:29 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Yes, good point. I also noticed that navigation and apps are much quicker on my iPad Mini. Another random change, but it confused me for a minute today, the Passcode lock options moved from General to main Settings menu.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Yes, good point. I also noticed that navigation and apps are much quicker on my iPad Mini. Another random change, but it confused me for a minute today, the Passcode lock options moved from General to main Settings menu.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

10 of 11 (956 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 13, 2014 11:25:30 AM
(0)
Scholar

I also like how the fingerprint login has not failed ONCE since the 7.1 upgrade.  Before with 7.0.6 it would fail every other time.

I also like how the fingerprint login has not failed ONCE since the 7.1 upgrade.  Before with 7.0.6 it would fail every other time.

11 of 11 (950 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments