Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 21, 2014
4:28:24 PM
View profile
iOS 7.0.6 Released

Apple issued a minor iOS 7 update, with iOS 7.0.6 fixing an issue with SSL connection verification.  The native update through Settings is faster than through iTunes.

iOS 7.0.6

The new update is available by accessing the Software Update option in the native Settings application on a compatible iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. The security update can also be installed by connecting a device to a Mac or PC and downloading iOS 7.0.6 through iTunes.

Apple issued a minor iOS 7 update, with iOS 7.0.6 fixing an issue with SSL connection verification.  The native update through Settings is faster than through iTunes.

iOS 7.0.6

The new update is available by accessing the Software Update option in the native Settings application on a compatible iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. The security update can also be installed by connecting a device to a Mac or PC and downloading iOS 7.0.6 through iTunes.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

iOS 7.0.6 Released

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 21, 2014 4:37:23 PM
(0)
Master

Did both phone and pad.

Did both phone and pad.

Re: iOS 7.0.6 Released

2 of 8 (988 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2014 8:38:16 AM
(0)
Master
This is a very important update to ensure someone does not hack your SSSL connection.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
This is a very important update to ensure someone does not hack your SSSL connection.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

3 of 8 (903 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2014 9:24:44 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru

I installed this iOS update yesterday. This evening news talked about it, more concerned if people use iOS devices in "open" wifi networks, if I'm not mistaken.Smiley Indifferent

I installed this iOS update yesterday. This evening news talked about it, more concerned if people use iOS devices in "open" wifi networks, if I'm not mistaken.Smiley Indifferent

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 8 (859 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 24, 2014 1:38:56 PM
(0)
Scholar

MR_SMiT wrote:

Yes, that's what I heard too.  News articles vary from panic to, "not a big deal".  I think it's save to ugrade ASAP just to be sure.

MR_SMiT wrote:

Yes, that's what I heard too.  News articles vary from panic to, "not a big deal".  I think it's save to ugrade ASAP just to be sure.

5 of 8 (752 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 24, 2014 8:43:14 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

And we'll have 7.1 in the next few weeks.

And we'll have 7.1 in the next few weeks.

6 of 8 (717 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 25, 2014 12:19:38 PM
(0)
Master

If you feel you have been compromised before the update check the site gotofail.com if you see any color other than green in the middle section you should update and change your passwords.

If you feel you have been compromised before the update check the site gotofail.com if you see any color other than green in the middle section you should update and change your passwords.

7 of 8 (675 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 25, 2014 2:27:27 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru
I never did use public or open wifi. I use only my home wifi which is encrypted, or if I go public areas, I use LTE or HSPA+. But good to have upgrade iOS.
I never did use public or open wifi. I use only my home wifi which is encrypted, or if I go public areas, I use LTE or HSPA+. But good to have upgrade iOS.

8 of 8 (662 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments