i moved to a rural part of oregon and now get only

Contributor

i moved to a rural part of oregon and now get only

i moved to a rural part of oregon and now get only1 bar. i cant talk on the phone at ALL unless i walk around on the property. but its usually raining. i dont even KNOW i have had calls if they dont leave a message. texting works but that is not making my clients very happy. ive had at&t for years but if there is no solution without spending more money on additional services or whatever, i have to change providers asap. what can i do???

Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: i moved to a rural part of oregon and now get only

Unfortunately, AT&T (or any other cell provider) does not guarantee service everywhere. If you moved to an area that is not serviced well by AT&T, your only choice is to pay the Early Termination Fee and go with another provider.
Your only other option is a microcell, but I don't think that you will get one of those for free either.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
N/A

[Inappropriate content removed] ...consider that the pro-rated ETF is AT&T's way to recoup losses by giving you a phone at a steep discount. You still own the phone and could sell it to recoup some of that ETF.

Before picking another provider, be sure to carefully study the coverage maps.

A MicroCell may be a worthwhile investment if AT&T has good coverage in other areas you frequent.  Maybe a generous rep will offer you a free MicroCell to get you to stick with AT&T.

Call CS. See what they will do for you.

Message 3 of 4
Master

AT&T's 3G Microcell is your only option. Otherwise, it may be time to say goodbye to AT&T...

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support