Helpful Links

i moved to a rural part of oregon and now get only

Contributor

i moved to a rural part of oregon and now get only

i moved to a rural part of oregon and now get only1 bar. i cant talk on the phone at ALL unless i walk around on the property. but its usually raining. i dont even KNOW i have had calls if they dont leave a message. texting works but that is not making my clients very happy. ive had at&t for years but if there is no solution without spending more money on additional services or whatever, i have to change providers asap. what can i do???

Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: i moved to a rural part of oregon and now get only

Unfortunately, AT&T (or any other cell provider) does not guarantee service everywhere. If you moved to an area that is not serviced well by AT&T, your only choice is to pay the Early Termination Fee and go with another provider.
Your only other option is a microcell, but I don't think that you will get one of those for free either.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
N/A

[Inappropriate content removed] ...consider that the pro-rated ETF is AT&T's way to recoup losses by giving you a phone at a steep discount. You still own the phone and could sell it to recoup some of that ETF.

Before picking another provider, be sure to carefully study the coverage maps.

A MicroCell may be a worthwhile investment if AT&T has good coverage in other areas you frequent.  Maybe a generous rep will offer you a free MicroCell to get you to stick with AT&T.

Call CS. See what they will do for you.

Message 3 of 4
Master

AT&T's 3G Microcell is your only option. Otherwise, it may be time to say goodbye to AT&T...

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Announcements

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Wireless this holiday season!

Additional Support