how to get web special price after returning phone

Highlighted
Contributor

how to get web special price after returning phone

[ Edited ]

Recently i purchased a LG G2, which i got through AT&T customer care.

They honored the web special price and sold it to me for 49.99.

When i talked to Customer care i was undecicive between the LG G2 and the Moto X.

Both of them are the same price and show as web special.

Customer Care told me that if I don't like the phone i can exchange it for the Moto X for the same price.

I know it's more unusual to get Customer Care to honor the web special price over the phone - Maybe i was just lucky.

But, today i tried to call back to exchange the phone and all the sudden Customer Care won't honor what i was told before.

the notes from my previous phone call with Customer Care didn't mention that i asked about possible exchange and pricing that they told me.

Now i am supposed to pay $99, plus restocking fee, plus tax and so on.

The only other option they gave me was to go to a store to return.

But how would a store match the web special price i got promised before?

just doesn't sound like that is going to happen.

Looking at the return policies, there is no way to do an exchange through the web and therefore once you bought a web special and returning it to the store results in not getting another web special even in the 14 days period.

is this correct? just doesn't seem right.

Message 1 of 3 (440 Views)
Community Manager

Re: how to get web special price after returning phone

Hello, tckober!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry about your recent experience exchanging a phone. The $35 restocking fee is a standard fee that applies to any returns or exchanges performed during the 14 day Buyer's Remorse Period. If you're still within your 14 day window and want to look into exchanging your phone, please send us a private message by clicking here so we can see what we can do.

In your message please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 3 (294 Views)
Contributor

Re: how to get web special price after returning phone

this has been resolved.

had to call customer service again and finally got "the right person".

just had to pay the restocking fee and got the phone i wanted.

Message 3 of 3 (217 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.