how can I disable free AT&T SMS notifications?

Mentor

how can I disable free AT&T SMS notifications?

On my regular account (postpaid), all of a sudden I am receiving free AT&T SMS notifications - about my payment being due, about changing my email address, about having just paid my bill, about other account changes. I have NEVER received these in over 10 years of service. Two chat sessiosn have proved pointless and I can't see anywhere on my account online settings a way to fix this. This recently started when I asked AT&T to disable the Address Book "feature". I then noticed that I was switched to paperless billing - without my knowledge. Somehow I feel this mess is related to that change. Any help appreciated.
Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: how can I disable free AT&T SMS notifications?

On your online account, go to Profile - Marketing Preferences. There you will find checkboxes to where you can receive notifications. Uncheck the boxes and you will not receive any notifications.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Mentor

Re: how can I disable free AT&T SMS notifications?

Yes, I have already set those to what you say but I received at least one SMS still. Perhaps it takes a while for those settings to kick in. We'll see...
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support