Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 8, 2014
8:02:28 AM
View profile
how can I disable free AT&T SMS notifications?
On my regular account (postpaid), all of a sudden I am receiving free AT&T SMS notifications - about my payment being due, about changing my email address, about having just paid my bill, about other account changes. I have NEVER received these in over 10 years of service. Two chat sessiosn have proved pointless and I can't see anywhere on my account online settings a way to fix this. This recently started when I asked AT&T to disable the Address Book "feature". I then noticed that I was switched to paperless billing - without my knowledge. Somehow I feel this mess is related to that change. Any help appreciated.
On my regular account (postpaid), all of a sudden I am receiving free AT&T SMS notifications - about my payment being due, about changing my email address, about having just paid my bill, about other account changes. I have NEVER received these in over 10 years of service. Two chat sessiosn have proved pointless and I can't see anywhere on my account online settings a way to fix this. This recently started when I asked AT&T to disable the Address Book "feature". I then noticed that I was switched to paperless billing - without my knowledge. Somehow I feel this mess is related to that change. Any help appreciated.

how can I disable free AT&T SMS notifications?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 8, 2014 5:45:00 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
On your online account, go to Profile - Marketing Preferences. There you will find checkboxes to where you can receive notifications. Uncheck the boxes and you will not receive any notifications.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
On your online account, go to Profile - Marketing Preferences. There you will find checkboxes to where you can receive notifications. Uncheck the boxes and you will not receive any notifications.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: how can I disable free AT&T SMS notifications?

2 of 3 (303 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 9, 2014 8:49:18 AM
(0)
Mentor
Yes, I have already set those to what you say but I received at least one SMS still. Perhaps it takes a while for those settings to kick in. We'll see...
Yes, I have already set those to what you say but I received at least one SMS still. Perhaps it takes a while for those settings to kick in. We'll see...

Re: how can I disable free AT&T SMS notifications?

3 of 3 (279 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments