Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 12, 2014
9:30:46 AM
View profile
grandfathered unlimited data - what changes CAN I make?

We have a FamilyTalk plan with two lines, including one iPhone that is grandfathered into an unlimited plan. The other line currently has no data at all.  

Dropping the second line won't affect the data plan, correct?  

If we only have one line, is there something other than FamilyTalk that the remaining phone could be switched to?  500 minutes is way more than we'll need for one phone.

We have a FamilyTalk plan with two lines, including one iPhone that is grandfathered into an unlimited plan. The other line currently has no data at all.  

Dropping the second line won't affect the data plan, correct?  

If we only have one line, is there something other than FamilyTalk that the remaining phone could be switched to?  500 minutes is way more than we'll need for one phone.

grandfathered unlimited data - what changes CAN I make?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 12, 2014 1:57:04 PM
(0)
Guru

Dropping the 2nd line will not affect the data plan. You will be required to switch to a nation talk plan with a minimum of 450 minutes. I believe the pricing on that is 39.99 plus the data plan, plus the 20.00 texting plan if you need it.

Dropping the 2nd line will not affect the data plan. You will be required to switch to a nation talk plan with a minimum of 450 minutes. I believe the pricing on that is 39.99 plus the data plan, plus the 20.00 texting plan if you need it.

Re: grandfathered unlimited data - what changes CAN I make?

2 of 4 (495 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 12, 2014 4:07:51 PM
(0)
Scholar
You would have to switch to a single shared data plan because the 450 minute plan is no longer available
You would have to switch to a single shared data plan because the 450 minute plan is no longer available

3 of 4 (477 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 12, 2014 5:51:19 PM
(0)
Guru
Edited by ujmnz on Feb 12, 2014 at 5:51:53 PM

The 450 plan is still available for all grandfathered customers. He will not be forced to lose the unlimited data plan. The new plan requirements are only for new customers/lines.

The 450 plan is still available for all grandfathered customers. He will not be forced to lose the unlimited data plan. The new plan requirements are only for new customers/lines.

[ Edited ]
4 of 4 (464 Views)