Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 16, 2014
3:39:11 AM
View profile
go phone for non US resident

Hi,

can a non US resident by a GoPhone - Smartphone?

These phones works just with the sim they're selled with that's right?

Hi,

can a non US resident by a GoPhone - Smartphone?

These phones works just with the sim they're selled with that's right?

go phone for non US resident

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 16, 2014 5:55:07 AM
(0)
Employee

That is correct. You don't need to have a SSN or US Residency to sign up for a GoPhone Account because you won't be on a contract.  The phones also come with SIM cards and you just have to add money for which ever plan you want to use the phone. Smiley Happy

That is correct. You don't need to have a SSN or US Residency to sign up for a GoPhone Account because you won't be on a contract.  The phones also come with SIM cards and you just have to add money for which ever plan you want to use the phone. Smiley Happy

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: go phone for non US resident

2 of 9 (678 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 16, 2014 6:56:15 AM
(0)
Contributor

Just another question: if once back in italy i  would like to unlock the phone I'll have to wait six month from when i bought it? I'll be a le to unlock it even if i didn't used it in the meantime?

Just another question: if once back in italy i  would like to unlock the phone I'll have to wait six month from when i bought it? I'll be a le to unlock it even if i didn't used it in the meantime?

3 of 9 (666 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 16, 2014 7:22:20 AM
(0)
Employee

In addition to the general eligibility requirements, your device must have been active for at least six months.

In addition to the general eligibility requirements, your device must have been active for at least six months.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 9 (661 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 16, 2014 7:56:10 AM
(0)
ACE - Guru
Edited by adidaskid808 on Jan 16, 2014 at 8:04:28 AM

Just one thing to remind our friend from Italy.
 Some Gophone hardware (phone) may not work with 2G / 3G in Italy unlocked.
Like my AT&T Samsung Flight SGH A797,it can only work on 2G in Italy with TIM & Wind mobile unlocked.
Not 3G.
You better check before you buy.

Just one thing to remind our friend from Italy.
 Some Gophone hardware (phone) may not work with 2G / 3G in Italy unlocked.
Like my AT&T Samsung Flight SGH A797,it can only work on 2G in Italy with TIM & Wind mobile unlocked.
Not 3G.
You better check before you buy.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
5 of 9 (654 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 30, 2014 9:45:05 PM
(0)
Scholar
I would recommend buying the nexus 5
I would recommend buying the nexus 5

6 of 9 (464 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 31, 2014 7:43:40 AM
(0)
Employee

Hi Solshine,

Most of our GoPhone branded devices are not quad band devices and will not roam very well overseas. Most of our "post paid" phones (such as the G2, Galaxy S4, etc) are quad band and will work pretty much everywhere.

If you are looking for two good devies to use both here and overseas, the Nexus 5 or the Moto X directly though Motorola are get options and are priced very aggesstively. Then you don't have to worry about having the device unlocked.

Hi Solshine,

Most of our GoPhone branded devices are not quad band devices and will not roam very well overseas. Most of our "post paid" phones (such as the G2, Galaxy S4, etc) are quad band and will work pretty much everywhere.

If you are looking for two good devies to use both here and overseas, the Nexus 5 or the Moto X directly though Motorola are get options and are priced very aggesstively. Then you don't have to worry about having the device unlocked.

7 of 9 (447 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 31, 2014 5:56:05 PM
(0)
Teacher
If you're thinking of using your device in more than one continent, it's very important that you look at the specifications and under Network verify that it says quad band. USA carriers usually use the 850/1900 frequency and Europe /Asia carriers use the 900/1800 frequency. Another thing you can do is go online search for the major cell phone carriers for the country you're going, check what frequency they operate on and this way you will know what to look for in a phone.
If you're thinking of using your device in more than one continent, it's very important that you look at the specifications and under Network verify that it says quad band. USA carriers usually use the 850/1900 frequency and Europe /Asia carriers use the 900/1800 frequency. Another thing you can do is go online search for the major cell phone carriers for the country you're going, check what frequency they operate on and this way you will know what to look for in a phone.

8 of 9 (432 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 1, 2014 6:52:09 AM
(0)
ACE - Guru
This is kind of correct.That's why check where you mainly going before you buy the phone.
This is kind of correct.That's why check where you mainly going before you buy the phone.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

9 of 9 (414 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments