Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 25, 2013
2:00:27 PM
View profile
found iphone 5

Hi,

I am not an US resident, i am Italian and live in Italy

I have found on a bus an iphone 5 and dont know what to do

The phone is under and AT&T contract and is American and of course doesnt work with any italian sim card so i cannot make use of it

I went to the police but thet arent going to waste their time to find the owner of a phone who is a foreign and probably is already back in the states.

So i would like to know if there is a way to find the owner of the phone so i can give it back to him

Or if not if i can make use of it at least or if i just have to trash it

I called Apple Italy and they told me to contact AT&T but is very expensive to call international

Any help will be greatly appreciate it

Thanx

Hi,

The phone is under and AT&T contract and is American and of course doesnt work with any italian sim card so i cannot make use of it

I went to the police but thet arent going to waste their time to find the owner of a phone who is a foreign and probably is already back in the states.

So i would like to know if there is a way to find the owner of the phone so i can give it back to him

I called Apple Italy and they told me to contact AT&T but is very expensive to call international

Thanx

found iphone 5

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 25, 2013 3:16:44 PM
(0)
Scholar
Contact AT&T. If calling if cost prohibitive try contacting them via email.

Hopefully one of the AT&T employees that hang out here will chime in and give you some suggestions.
Contact AT&T. If calling if cost prohibitive try contacting them via email.

Hopefully one of the AT&T employees that hang out here will chime in and give you some suggestions.

Re: found iphone 5

2 of 9 (1,499 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 25, 2013 6:06:44 PM
(0)
Expert

chicchirina wrote:

Hi,

Thanx

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community Support is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM between the hours of 7am-10pm CST within 2 to 3 business days.

chicchirina wrote:

Hi,

Thanx

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community Support is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM between the hours of 7am-10pm CST within 2 to 3 business days.

3 of 9 (1,474 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 26, 2013 11:53:45 AM
(0)
Employee

I've reccomended customers return the phone to one of our corporate store locations, and they have some systems in place take care of it.

-Alex

I've reccomended customers return the phone to one of our corporate store locations, and they have some systems in place take care of it.

-Alex

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 9 (1,408 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 26, 2013 6:25:00 PM
(0)
Professor

loganic wrote:

-Alex

He says he's in Italy.  Don't think walking into an AT&T store in the US is a viable option.

loganic wrote:

-Alex

He says he's in Italy.  Don't think walking into an AT&T store in the US is a viable option.

5 of 9 (1,385 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 29, 2013 12:05:41 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
First of all, thank you for being genuine and expressing a desire to return the lost phone to the rightful owner instead of wanting to keep it. There are too many people that try to essentially "steal" iPhones and other devices that they found with no intention of returning it to the owner.

With that said, if possible, perhaps try and locate a name somewhere within the phone that may give you a hint as to who the lost phone may belong to. Good luck!

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

First of all, thank you for being genuine and expressing a desire to return the lost phone to the rightful owner instead of wanting to keep it. There are too many people that try to essentially "steal" iPhones and other devices that they found with no intention of returning it to the owner.

With that said, if possible, perhaps try and locate a name somewhere within the phone that may give you a hint as to who the lost phone may belong to. Good luck!

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 9 (1,306 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 29, 2013 5:59:46 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

If the phone is not locked, then you might be able to track the owner back.

If you go into Settings-> "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" and scroll down to the COntacts section you can see if they have designated an entry for "My Info".  If so it should give you their contact entry (name, email, phone, address, etc.)  If not, try looking for address book entries for "Mom", "Dad", "Home", etc. to see if you can find an entry.  If you find an email address, you can send them an email letting them know you found their iPhone on the bus and want to help them get it back.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.

If the phone is not locked, then you might be able to track the owner back.

If you go into Settings-> "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" and scroll down to the COntacts section you can see if they have designated an entry for "My Info".  If so it should give you their contact entry (name, email, phone, address, etc.)  If not, try looking for address book entries for "Mom", "Dad", "Home", etc. to see if you can find an entry.  If you find an email address, you can send them an email letting them know you found their iPhone on the bus and want to help them get it back.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 9 (1,286 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 31, 2013 6:31:10 PM
(0)
Teacher

i see why calling will charge you but just try to contact att over email it should work fine

i see why calling will charge you but just try to contact att over email it should work fine

8 of 9 (1,231 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 24, 2014 2:00:06 PM
(0)
Scholar

Just go to the person contacts, and find their number. Once you find their number try and reach out to them using a "Google-based" call service( it should be free, but I'am not sure since you live out of country). Or even better...try to see if there email address is on the phone, and take it from there. Who knows; they might even mail you a tip for finding there phone lol.

Just go to the person contacts, and find their number. Once you find their number try and reach out to them using a "Google-based" call service( it should be free, but I'am not sure since you live out of country). Or even better...try to see if there email address is on the phone, and take it from there. Who knows; they might even mail you a tip for finding there phone lol.

9 of 9 (990 Views)