Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 30, 2013
8:48:17 AM
View profile
failure to reconize cingular deposits

I was a contract account holder since 4/99.I wanted to upgrade my old phone,checked around and decided to purchase a new smartphone from the local att store and use the go phone plan for my service.I received a notice I still owed a reduced balance.Well we pay 1 month in advance as well as the 200 dollar deposit I paid years ago.upon researching this issue att changed my account number when they took on cingular accounts.I provided cs the old account number with no luck in finding the account history.SO now I'M losing 200 as well as owing 60 more.This ISN'T RIGHT FOLKS !!! I have wasted 6hours already...any suggestions?  

I was a contract account holder since 4/99.I wanted to upgrade my old phone,checked around and decided to purchase a new smartphone from the local att store and use the go phone plan for my service.I received a notice I still owed a reduced balance.Well we pay 1 month in advance as well as the 200 dollar deposit I paid years ago.upon researching this issue att changed my account number when they took on cingular accounts.I provided cs the old account number with no luck in finding the account history.SO now I'M losing 200 as well as owing 60 more.This ISN'T RIGHT FOLKS !!! I have wasted 6hours already...any suggestions?  

failure to reconize cingular deposits

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 30, 2013 11:45:45 AM
(0)
Expert

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community Support is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM between the hours of 7am-10pm CST.

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community Support is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM between the hours of 7am-10pm CST.

Re: failure to reconize cingular deposits

2 of 6 (712 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 2, 2013 1:16:08 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi 1CC,

We received your private message and one of our managers will be reaching out to you for some additional information shortly.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Send us a Private Message.  We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

Hi 1CC,

We received your private message and one of our managers will be reaching out to you for some additional information shortly.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Send us a Private Message.  We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

3 of 6 (648 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 3, 2013 7:09:15 PM
(0)
Tutor

Social Media Manager Mattr emailed for my account info,7/2/13 @4:40 pm edt.I replied with my info @ 6:35 pm edt.7/2/13  Mattr acknolleged my message @ 7:32 pm 7/2/13 informing me that they were " DOING A LITTLE RESEARCH and would follow up when HE KNOWS SOMETHING"...It's now 7/3/13 10:05 pm  1 day has passed... and it's the holiday maybe 7/8/13 ?... 

Social Media Manager Mattr emailed for my account info,7/2/13 @4:40 pm edt.I replied with my info @ 6:35 pm edt.7/2/13  Mattr acknolleged my message @ 7:32 pm 7/2/13 informing me that they were " DOING A LITTLE RESEARCH and would follow up when HE KNOWS SOMETHING"...It's now 7/3/13 10:05 pm  1 day has passed... and it's the holiday maybe 7/8/13 ?... 

4 of 6 (601 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 4, 2013 2:20:40 PM
(0)
Tutor

Mattr is putting fourth great effort on the fourth...He's working on this problem,called for more info.I changed phone numbers in '04 and cingular changed my account number(the third time).Mattr's back at it...He's made the best progess so far!!! GO MATTR. GO MAN GO !!!   

Mattr is putting fourth great effort on the fourth...He's working on this problem,called for more info.I changed phone numbers in '04 and cingular changed my account number(the third time).Mattr's back at it...He's made the best progess so far!!! GO MATTR. GO MAN GO !!!   

5 of 6 (574 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 14, 2013 1:35:43 PM
(0)
Tutor

Hi guy's,when I opened the original account was with a independent cingular store.In late '03 I moved and wanted to keep my 20 year old landline number(1st account # change).mid '04 started family plan,and added 2 lines(2nd account # change).I was never credited my deposit back..(didn't think about it).AT&T can't find any history prior to family plan change so I'm out the deposit ! Mattr did forgive the 60 dollar charge through. I never noticed account numbers changed;Find and keep receipts in a safe place;Stay on top of account history,after 1 year Get YOUR MONEY...   

Hi guy's,when I opened the original account was with a independent cingular store.In late '03 I moved and wanted to keep my 20 year old landline number(1st account # change).mid '04 started family plan,and added 2 lines(2nd account # change).I was never credited my deposit back..(didn't think about it).AT&T can't find any history prior to family plan change so I'm out the deposit ! Mattr did forgive the 60 dollar charge through. I never noticed account numbers changed;Find and keep receipts in a safe place;Stay on top of account history,after 1 year Get YOUR MONEY...   

6 of 6 (430 Views)