Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 21, 2011
6:28:27 AM
View profile
emal settings for Att email powered by yahoo for Iphones

How come nobody can give the proper answer to this simple Question??? and all the posts are years old?

What is the proper settings to set up Att.net email, powered by Yahoo, on my Iphone??

How come nobody can give the proper answer to this simple Question??? and all the posts are years old?

What is the proper settings to set up Att.net email, powered by Yahoo, on my Iphone??

emal settings for Att email powered by yahoo for Iphones

19 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(19)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2011 7:18:59 AM
(0)
Master
Edited by Eileen89 on Sep 21, 2011 at 7:19:56 AM

Are you getting an error message when you attemp to enter that email address into the Yahoo field under the email settings menu? That is where I set up one of my Verizon addresses.

Are you getting an error message when you attemp to enter that email address into the Yahoo field under the email settings menu? That is where I set up one of my Verizon addresses.

Re: emal settings for Att email powered by yahoo for Iphones

[ Edited ]
2 of 20 (38,237 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2011 7:40:37 AM
(0)
Tutor
No.. it simply wont "VERIFY" ... and doesnt connect...

22 VIEWS... ZERO ANSWERS...

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ATT THESE DAYS... not to mention that if you've been with ATT for a long time, we still have to PAY for an email address that they give away for free now

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ATT THESE DAYS... not to mention that if you've been with ATT for a long time, we still have to PAY for an email address that they give away for free now

3 of 20 (38,227 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2011 7:50:47 AM
(0)
Master
Edited by youngjm on Sep 21, 2011 at 7:54:12 AM

Check out this thread: http://forums.att.com/t5/Apple-iPhone/syncing-att-net-email-to-iPhone/td-p/1692358

The OP gave up but mentiones that PlanetEd's solution worked....

My personal oberservation is that anything from Yahoo that works with the iPhone requires a paid account.  I tried to setup my Yahoo account on my iPhone but Push required the updated account.  I think that many/most iphone users use gmail, me.com or other services.  Others may disagree but Yahoo showed up in some threads lately as having some email issues...

I do not know how much of ATT.net powered by Yahoo is impacted here.  One thought is to forward your mail to gmail.com and then set your att.com as the send from address and reply to address via gmail.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Check out this thread: http://forums.att.com/t5/Apple-iPhone/syncing-att-net-email-to-iPhone/td-p/1692358

The OP gave up but mentiones that PlanetEd's solution worked....

My personal oberservation is that anything from Yahoo that works with the iPhone requires a paid account.  I tried to setup my Yahoo account on my iPhone but Push required the updated account.  I think that many/most iphone users use gmail, me.com or other services.  Others may disagree but Yahoo showed up in some threads lately as having some email issues...

I do not know how much of ATT.net powered by Yahoo is impacted here.  One thought is to forward your mail to gmail.com and then set your att.com as the send from address and reply to address via gmail.

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

[ Edited ]
4 of 20 (38,226 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2011 7:54:45 AM
(0)
Professor

Jindel wrote:

Getting annoyed with fellow users really is not going to get you anywhere.  If you want/need help, you can always call customer service.

With the exception of the moderators and community monitors, no one here gets paid to help you.  There are some AT&T employees here, but the post their own opinions on matters, not as official AT&T employees.

Maybe you should consider getting yourself a free hotmail, yahoo, or gmail account.

Jindel wrote:

Getting annoyed with fellow users really is not going to get you anywhere.  If you want/need help, you can always call customer service.

With the exception of the moderators and community monitors, no one here gets paid to help you.  There are some AT&T employees here, but the post their own opinions on matters, not as official AT&T employees.

Maybe you should consider getting yourself a free hotmail, yahoo, or gmail account.

5 of 20 (38,224 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2011 7:58:48 AM
(0)
Master

satchev wrote:

Jindel wrote:

One more thought on why you don't see some responses is that it may be very difficult to make it work if it is even possible using the potential solution I point to above.

satchev wrote:

Jindel wrote:

One more thought on why you don't see some responses is that it may be very difficult to make it work if it is even possible using the potential solution I point to above.

Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

6 of 20 (38,221 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2011 8:14:28 AM
(0)
Tutor
Gee.. thats helpful....
Duh... I did call Customer Service... a HORRIBLE experience... 40 minutes later.. they say to contact Apple... Apple says, contact ATT... and in a ping-pong game I am....
Gee.. thats helpful....
Duh... I did call Customer Service... a HORRIBLE experience... 40 minutes later.. they say to contact Apple... Apple says, contact ATT... and in a ping-pong game I am....

7 of 20 (38,218 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2011 8:32:29 AM
(0)
Tutor

thank you.. this was helpful...

the link you sent had different information.... the 1st post was NOT correct (dated 11/23/08)... totally wrong..

HOWEVER.. the 2nd post, posted by PlanetED.. was helpful in that it did the job BUT... it would not load in SSL... When "Verifying", which took a long time, it timed out... then asked to "try again without SSL".... I reluctantly clicked OK... and it went thru...

Thank you Youngjm... very helpful...

So.. for others with the same problem.... here is how to set your Iphone to received ATT emails, powered by Yahoo... but it is without SSL !!   This is the proper Incoming and Outgoing Host information:

From the Home screen, tap Settings > Tap Mail  > Add Account > Other

Name: Type your name here
Address: myname@att.net
Description: AT

Incoming Mail Server
Host Name: pop.att.yahoo.com
User Name: myname@att.net
Password: Type your password here

Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP)
Host Name: smtp.att.yahoo.com

thank you.. this was helpful...

the link you sent had different information.... the 1st post was NOT correct (dated 11/23/08)... totally wrong..

HOWEVER.. the 2nd post, posted by PlanetED.. was helpful in that it did the job BUT... it would not load in SSL... When "Verifying", which took a long time, it timed out... then asked to "try again without SSL".... I reluctantly clicked OK... and it went thru...

Thank you Youngjm... very helpful...

So.. for others with the same problem.... here is how to set your Iphone to received ATT emails, powered by Yahoo... but it is without SSL !!   This is the proper Incoming and Outgoing Host information:

From the Home screen, tap Settings > Tap Mail  > Add Account > Other

Name: Type your name here
Address: myname@att.net
Description: AT

Incoming Mail Server
Host Name: pop.att.yahoo.com

Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP)
Host Name: smtp.att.yahoo.com

8 of 20 (38,216 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2011 8:47:39 AM
(0)
Scholar

I have an sbcglobal.net email address powered by Yahoo. I would imagine it is the same as att.net since that is how I access it.

I was able to get it to connect on my iPhone first try.

I didn't use "othere", I used "Yahoo", typed the info and it verified in about 1 second.

I have an sbcglobal.net email address powered by Yahoo. I would imagine it is the same as att.net since that is how I access it.

I was able to get it to connect on my iPhone first try.

I didn't use "othere", I used "Yahoo", typed the info and it verified in about 1 second.

9 of 20 (38,210 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2011 8:51:45 AM
(0)
Master

Glad it worked.  I should have been clearer that it was the second configuration that that OP said worked before giving up on the account.

Glad it worked.  I should have been clearer that it was the second configuration that that OP said worked before giving up on the account.

10 of 20 (38,206 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2011 2:54:35 PM
(0)
Contributor
I TAKE BACK WHAT I SAID ABOVE... WHILE IT SET UP THE EMAIL ACCOUNT IN MY IPHONE.. and it loaded all my old mail... it seems that i keep getting the message of ...
"pop server is not responding".....
So, I can't seem to send any emails from my Iphone.. although it IS loading messages that I receive...

ugh !!! If i didn't have Att.net from years and years ago (the old worldnet)... and everyone i know in the past 15 years didn't have this email addy.. i would dump this crappy company
I TAKE BACK WHAT I SAID ABOVE... WHILE IT SET UP THE EMAIL ACCOUNT IN MY IPHONE.. and it loaded all my old mail... it seems that i keep getting the message of ...
"pop server is not responding".....
So, I can't seem to send any emails from my Iphone.. although it IS loading messages that I receive...

ugh !!! If i didn't have Att.net from years and years ago (the old worldnet)... and everyone i know in the past 15 years didn't have this email addy.. i would dump this crappy company

11 of 20 (36,830 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2011 3:06:58 PM
(0)
Contributor
I just tried this too.., used the Yahoo link (as opposed to "other"). DIDN'T WORK EITHER !!
Gave me the error message of :
"apple.imap.mail.yahoo.com" is not responding. Check your network connection and that you entered the correct informatio in the "Incoming Mail Server" field"
I just tried this too.., used the Yahoo link (as opposed to "other"). DIDN'T WORK EITHER !!
Gave me the error message of :
"apple.imap.mail.yahoo.com" is not responding. Check your network connection and that you entered the correct informatio in the "Incoming Mail Server" field"

12 of 20 (36,827 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2011 3:30:05 PM
(0)
Master
Within the mail settings, there is a smtp setting that you ca try ATT smtp server. Check that option and you should get something.

Within the mail settings, there is a smtp setting that you ca try ATT smtp server. Check that option and you should get something.

13 of 20 (36,823 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 26, 2011 8:50:38 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by scoobydoo on Sep 27, 2011 at 5:34:32 AM

is this the only email you want to set up on your phone ? If yes , click  settings, then click the mail,contacts and calendars tab, then under accounts, click yahoo and follow the on screen directions. It is probably the easiest email ever to set up. I hope this helps.

If you need more info and you have access to another computer email me at [personal content edited]

Please use private message box --> List Private Messages Thank you.

is this the only email you want to set up on your phone ? If yes , click  settings, then click the mail,contacts and calendars tab, then under accounts, click yahoo and follow the on screen directions. It is probably the easiest email ever to set up. I hope this helps.

If you need more info and you have access to another computer email me at [personal content edited]

Please use private message box --> List Private Messages Thank you.

[ Edited ]
14 of 20 (36,784 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 26, 2011 8:54:29 PM
(0)
Tutor

you do not have to input any of that info if your previous steps were correct. If you get to this spot, just erase everything and start over. yahoo will put in it's own settings.

you do not have to input any of that info if your previous steps were correct. If you get to this spot, just erase everything and start over. yahoo will put in it's own settings.

15 of 20 (36,783 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 26, 2011 9:01:13 PM
(0)
Tutor
dude, I'm sorry, once you click the mail, contacts tab, click (add account tab) then click yahoo and follow instructions from there. I'm so sorry. Here I am trying to help and I screwing you up. At least I caught it.
dude, I'm sorry, once you click the mail, contacts tab, click (add account tab) then click yahoo and follow instructions from there. I'm so sorry. Here I am trying to help and I screwing you up. At least I caught it.

16 of 20 (36,781 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 26, 2011 9:02:18 PM
(0)
Tutor
email me when you get it to let me know. Later !!!!!
email me when you get it to let me know. Later !!!!!

17 of 20 (36,781 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 12, 2012 2:09:06 PM
(0)
Contributor

you have to add the account under yahoo then log into your att account through a yahoo website to verify it then go back to your i phone and enter the password again. i just did it (had to figure it out on my own).

you have to add the account under yahoo then log into your att account through a yahoo website to verify it then go back to your i phone and enter the password again. i just did it (had to figure it out on my own).

18 of 20 (29,423 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 14, 2014 8:06:47 AM
(0)
Tutor

It's simple if you know what to do. 

Here is how to setup your IPhone or IPad to get your ATT.NET emails

1) Make sure your device is connected wirelessly to your ATT MODEM at home.

2) go to Yahoo.com and login with your ATT.NET email address. After logging in to the main yahoo.com web page, click on the MAIL link on the top right.  it will pop up another window for mail login. Enter your ATT.NET email address again, and password, to access your emails there. This registers your ATT email address on Yahoo.  If you have problems with content coming up on your browser, try using either the CHROME browser or PUFFIN BROWSER.  YOU CAN THEN LOGOUT OF YAHOO MAIL. 

3) go to your phone or Ipad SETTINGS>MAIL,CONTACTS,CALENDARS>ADD ACCOUNT.

select YAHOO!   Enter your name, YOURUSERNAME@ATT.NET email address, and your password.  Hit NEXT and it will verify.

you should now be able to get your emails in your MAIL app.

It's simple if you know what to do. 

Here is how to setup your IPhone or IPad to get your ATT.NET emails

1) Make sure your device is connected wirelessly to your ATT MODEM at home.

2) go to Yahoo.com and login with your ATT.NET email address. After logging in to the main yahoo.com web page, click on the MAIL link on the top right.  it will pop up another window for mail login. Enter your ATT.NET email address again, and password, to access your emails there. This registers your ATT email address on Yahoo.  If you have problems with content coming up on your browser, try using either the CHROME browser or PUFFIN BROWSER.  YOU CAN THEN LOGOUT OF YAHOO MAIL. 

3) go to your phone or Ipad SETTINGS>MAIL,CONTACTS,CALENDARS>ADD ACCOUNT.

select YAHOO!   Enter your name, YOURUSERNAME@ATT.NET email address, and your password.  Hit NEXT and it will verify.

you should now be able to get your emails in your MAIL app.

19 of 20 (7,758 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 14, 2014 1:20:26 PM
(0)
Mentor

I doubt that the person who had that problem a year and a half ago was still waiting for a reply...

I doubt that the person who had that problem a year and a half ago was still waiting for a reply...

20 of 20 (7,722 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments