Wireless Forums

Posted Feb 10, 2014
4:06:13 PM
View profile
deceptive sales practice.

Dear Sir,

On February 9, 2014, we went to the Greeley store at 4330 Center Place Dr. Ste 600.  We were greeted and treated very nicely by John.  We needed two new IPhones (to replace our current ones), a third line phone (to replace parent’s current one), and to change our numbers from the 405 area code.  John asked Joseph to assist with quotes.  We were quoted about 220.00 dollars to proceed. That was the walk out the door charges and all totals.   I had visited your store 22 months ago to have my Banner employee discount applied and found it had not been done, so I sent Paul home to get it.  He returned within 30 minutes.  We were proceeding with our purchases and this time all of the original quotes were no longer in effect.  The paper they wrote everything on was no longer available.  Even though it was less than 30 minutes it was n new transaction. The process was now to now be well over 500.00.  They offered an apology and a phone case.   I had handed my banner ID to Nisa. She returned it to me after going into the back of store.  I called later to verify she had set up the discount and I was informed "NO". 

Joseph was responsible for the quotes. He later told me in a phone conversation that John had been educated.  John did nothing wrong.  Nisa was the person that changed all the quotes and informed us "take it or leave it".  Joseph was standing near and did nothing. 

We will be filing a complaint with your corporation, the BBB and any other mechanism we have at our disposal. 

We went home and decided to go to a different AT&T store.  They took care of us. They treated us very well. They gave us quotes and stayed with them on Monday the 10th when we made our purchases.  We have now learned that this is common practice for your store. You should not allow this nor should you be in business under the flag of AT&T.

Edward Kromer

Dear Sir,

On February 9, 2014, we went to the Greeley store at 4330 Center Place Dr. Ste 600.  We were greeted and treated very nicely by John.  We needed two new IPhones (to replace our current ones), a third line phone (to replace parent’s current one), and to change our numbers from the 405 area code.  John asked Joseph to assist with quotes.  We were quoted about 220.00 dollars to proceed. That was the walk out the door charges and all totals.   I had visited your store 22 months ago to have my Banner employee discount applied and found it had not been done, so I sent Paul home to get it.  He returned within 30 minutes.  We were proceeding with our purchases and this time all of the original quotes were no longer in effect.  The paper they wrote everything on was no longer available.  Even though it was less than 30 minutes it was n new transaction. The process was now to now be well over 500.00.  They offered an apology and a phone case.   I had handed my banner ID to Nisa. She returned it to me after going into the back of store.  I called later to verify she had set up the discount and I was informed "NO". 

Joseph was responsible for the quotes. He later told me in a phone conversation that John had been educated.  John did nothing wrong.  Nisa was the person that changed all the quotes and informed us "take it or leave it".  Joseph was standing near and did nothing. 

We will be filing a complaint with your corporation, the BBB and any other mechanism we have at our disposal. 

We went home and decided to go to a different AT&T store.  They took care of us. They treated us very well. They gave us quotes and stayed with them on Monday the 10th when we made our purchases.  We have now learned that this is common practice for your store. You should not allow this nor should you be in business under the flag of AT&T.

Edward Kromer

deceptive sales practice.

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2014 4:19:30 PM
(0)
Expert

PMBashline wrote:

Dear Sir,

According to att that store is a authorized retailer and not a corporate store, you ahould be complaining agaist the company the holds the franchise

AT&T Authorized Retailer

4330 Centerplace Dr

Ste 600

Greeley CO 80634

(970) 330-2721

How where you obtaining the phones? A 2 year subsidy or on the ATT Next plan? If it was a 2 year subsidized then figuring on a 16GB Iphone 5S the price for one of this is 199.00. If it was a nect plan then the price would have been added to the cost of the service at about 37.25 for 20 months for each phone.

PMBashline wrote:

Dear Sir,

According to att that store is a authorized retailer and not a corporate store, you ahould be complaining agaist the company the holds the franchise

AT&T Authorized Retailer

4330 Centerplace Dr

Ste 600

Greeley CO 80634

(970) 330-2721

How where you obtaining the phones? A 2 year subsidy or on the ATT Next plan? If it was a 2 year subsidized then figuring on a 16GB Iphone 5S the price for one of this is 199.00. If it was a nect plan then the price would have been added to the cost of the service at about 37.25 for 20 months for each phone.

Re: deceptive sales practice.

2 of 2 (326 Views)