Ask a question

Posted Oct 16, 2013
    5:56:44 AM
    View profile
    connection to server failed
    Edited by nata78sha on Oct 16, 2013 at 5:59:16 AM

I have the iphone 5 and ios7.02 .  Two days ago i started having issues with my iphone mail app.  I have deleted my yahoo account from it, then added it again and I have reset the phone.  That fixed the issue.. Last night I backed up my phone and today i get the message that connection to the server failed .  I did a hard reset  (pushing the two buttons til it shut off) then it asked for my password again.. entered password and got the same message.. connection to the server failed.   Then it started working .. but WHY does it keep doing this? Is there a way to prevent it from happening?  Is there another way to fix it? 

ps

If i log into yahoo from the web on my iphone there is not an issue getting my mail, and I dont have an issue with my desktop .. so assuming its the mail app

connection to server failed

[ Edited ]
    1 reply
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (1)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 16, 2013 7:17:44 AM
    (0)
    Employee

nata78sha wrote:

I have the iphone 5 and ios7.02 .  Two days ago i started having issues with my iphone mail app.  I have deleted my yahoo account from it, then added it again and I have reset the phone.  That fixed the issue.. Last night I backed up my phone and today i get the message that connection to the server failed .  I did a hard reset  (pushing the two buttons til it shut off) then it asked for my password again.. entered password and got the same message.. connection to the server failed.   Then it started working .. but WHY does it keep doing this? Is there a way to prevent it from happening?  Is there another way to fix it? 

ps

If i log into yahoo from the web on my iphone there is not an issue getting my mail, and I dont have an issue with my desktop .. so assuming its the mail app

I wouldn't assume it is the mail app as I regularly have a similar connection problem with my yahoo account but not from iphone or ipad, My desktop outlook client will regularly fail to connect and I'll get a popup asking for user credentials again. I would suspect the yahoo servers myself or more specifically the servers handling authentication.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: connection to server failed

2 of 2 (1,365 Views)