connecting iPhone 5c

connecting iPhone 5c

I'm having the hardest time getting my two daughters iPhone to connect. I tried deactivating and reactivation the microcell. we turned off lte on their phones. I just can't get them to connect. everyone else's phones connect fine.
when I deactivated and reactivated I did not unplug the microcell. would this make a difference? it's annoying as we have 1 bar of service at the house that is hit or miss for phone calls.
thank you for any help
Message 1 of 9
ACE - Master

Re: connecting iPhone 5c

New phones, regardless of mfr, seem to have initial connection issues at times. Not sure if it's OS related or not. I would try to do a hard reset of the MicroCell. That forces the MicroCell back to default status and starts the Initial Activation process all over again (see my Guide for details, link in my sig). You also might want to try Reset Network Settings (Settings -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings). You may lose some passwords or bookmarks so you'll  have to put them back in.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 9

i reset network setting on one of the iPhones, it seemed to want to connect to the microcell and then didnt stay connected.  it's frustrating. 

so i guess my next step is deactivating, and reactivating the microcell with a hard reset. 

i'll let you know how it goes. 

is there any other troubleshooting if that doesnt work? 

thank you 

Message 3 of 9
ACE - Master

Are both of the iPhones 5c's? My daughter bought a 5c and as soon as she walked into the house, it connected to the MicroCell (M-Cell indicated on the iPhone). Did you change phone numbers? Have you checked the Approved Users list to make sure their phone numbers are correct? What other phones are working (models)?

Because the phones are a new model, it's possible that the IMEI codes are not being passed to AT&T and a hard reset of the MicroCell is needed.

For troubleshooting and technical information, see my Guide (link in my sig).

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 9

they are both 5c's. the phones are on the approved users list. The phones are new, they switched from Verizon to At&t.
Message 5 of 9

Smiley Very Happy

both girls just exclaimed "Hey! We're connected to the Microcell" 

Thank you Otto 

The hard reset worked. 

Message 6 of 9
ACE - Master

Cool. You might want to click on Accept as Solution if they stay connected. It will help others to find the answer if they use the Search feature.

Message 7 of 9

maybe it's just me, but i can't find the "Accept as Solution"
Message 8 of 9
ACE - Master

It should be in the lower right hand side of the post. It may not show up on your post so you'll have to go back to the post that helped you.

Message 9 of 9
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support