Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 20, 2013
6:40:10 AM
View profile
can't delete Lookout Mobile on Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 ???(pulling hair out)

When I try to delete it thru the Play Store it only has TWO options 1) UPDATE and 2.) DEACTIVATE....and when I try to deactivate it gives me a popup saying "This app is a device administrator and must be deactivated before uninstalling"...what in the world? I've only had this phone for 2 days....but this baffles me.It usually has a place to UNINSTALL....can anyone plzz help me??Thanks in advance. Tammi

When I try to delete it thru the Play Store it only has TWO options 1) UPDATE and 2.) DEACTIVATE....and when I try to deactivate it gives me a popup saying "This app is a device administrator and must be deactivated before uninstalling"...what in the world? I've only had this phone for 2 days....but this baffles me.It usually has a place to UNINSTALL....can anyone plzz help me??Thanks in advance. Tammi

can't delete Lookout Mobile on Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 ???(pulling hair out)

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 20, 2013 7:11:12 AM
(0)
Guru

Lookout Mobile is a security productivity suite. It acts as a malware scanner, and offers you the ability to locate your device. It also possesses the ability to remotely wipe and lock your device. In order to accomplish this, and prevent an uninstall, the app is set as a Device Administrator. 

Follow these steps to deactivate Device Adminsitrator permissions for Lookout.

1. Open the Settings app on your phone.
  2. Click on Location and Security.
  3. Select Device Administrators.
  4. Deselect/Deactivate Lookout Mobile.
  5. Return to uninstall the application. 

Lookout Mobile is a security productivity suite. It acts as a malware scanner, and offers you the ability to locate your device. It also possesses the ability to remotely wipe and lock your device. In order to accomplish this, and prevent an uninstall, the app is set as a Device Administrator. 

Follow these steps to deactivate Device Adminsitrator permissions for Lookout.

1. Open the Settings app on your phone.
  2. Click on Location and Security.
  3. Select Device Administrators.
  4. Deselect/Deactivate Lookout Mobile.
  5. Return to uninstall the application. 

Re: can't delete Lookout Mobile on Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 ???(pulling hair out)

2 of 4 (1,015 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 20, 2013 8:18:38 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

AT&T and Lookout have reached a deal not too long ago which allows AT&T to now preload the application to it's devices via an update or out the box. You cannot uninstall the application but perhaps you can disable it?

~Sunshine Smiley Happy

AT&T and Lookout have reached a deal not too long ago which allows AT&T to now preload the application to it's devices via an update or out the box. You cannot uninstall the application but perhaps you can disable it?

~Sunshine :)
- Sunshine :)
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: can't delete Lookout Mobile on Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 ???(pulling hair out)

3 of 4 (1,002 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 20, 2013 1:43:15 PM
(0)
Expert

Evandela wrote:

actually it is not just att

https://www.lookout.com/about/partner

t-mobile, sprint, orange, telstra have also

Evandela wrote:

actually it is not just att

https://www.lookout.com/about/partner

t-mobile, sprint, orange, telstra have also

4 of 4 (987 Views)