can't delete Lookout Mobile on Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 ???(pulling hair out)

Contributor

can't delete Lookout Mobile on Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 ???(pulling hair out)

When I try to delete it thru the Play Store it only has TWO options 1) UPDATE and 2.) DEACTIVATE....and when I try to deactivate it gives me a popup saying "This app is a device administrator and must be deactivated before uninstalling"...what in the world? I've only had this phone for 2 days....but this baffles me.It usually has a place to UNINSTALL....can anyone plzz help me??Thanks in advance. Tammi

Message 1 of 4

Re: can't delete Lookout Mobile on Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 ???(pulling hair out)

Lookout Mobile is a security productivity suite. It acts as a malware scanner, and offers you the ability to locate your device. It also possesses the ability to remotely wipe and lock your device. In order to accomplish this, and prevent an uninstall, the app is set as a Device Administrator. 

Follow these steps to deactivate Device Adminsitrator permissions for Lookout.

1. Open the Settings app on your phone.
  2. Click on Location and Security.
  3. Select Device Administrators.
  4. Deselect/Deactivate Lookout Mobile.
  5. Return to uninstall the application. 
Message 2 of 4
ACE - Professor

Re: can't delete Lookout Mobile on Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 ???(pulling hair out)

AT&T and Lookout have reached a deal not too long ago which allows AT&T to now preload the application to it's devices via an update or out the box. You cannot uninstall the application but perhaps you can disable it?

~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 4
Expert

Evandela wrote:

AT&T and Lookout have reached a deal not too long ago which allows AT&T to now preload the application to it's devices via an update or out the box. You cannot uninstall the application but perhaps you can disable it?

actually it is not just att

https://www.lookout.com/about/partner

t-mobile, sprint, orange, telstra have also

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support