can't connect to mail, won't sync?

Highlighted

can't connect to mail, won't sync?

HI, I can somehow get to facebook but when I click on the world icon, I  it says it can't connect to server.  I have a wifi I'm using.  It says no messages when I know I have messages on gmail.  Thank you again. 

Message 1 of 6 (880 Views)
Community Manager

Re: can't connect to mail, won't sync?

What kind of phone are you using? Are you using a cellular data as well as wi-fi?

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 6 (635 Views)

Hi, it's an AT&T phone with android.  It has data, but I turned it off, and turned  wifi on.  When I click on the world globe icon on front, it says it can't connect, but I have wifi in my house.  I feel so stupid.  Thank you.

Message 3 of 6 (633 Views)
Community Manager

[ Edited ]

No problem, sometimes we just need to start from the beginning. First go to Apps - Settings - Wi-Fi and make sure you're connected to your network by clicking on it's name. If you appear to be connected, turn off wi-fi and turn it back on and reconnect. Also try to power cycle your phone by removing a battery and then turning it back on. Can you get to Google Play store? If you can, search for a different browser, just to test your connection, try chrome browser.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 6 (613 Views)

Hi and thank you!!! I just turned off wifi and turned back on. When I
click on world icon, it goes to yahoo. when I click on google chrome, it
goes to google play, and when I click on gmail, it show my mail. but if
click on email, says can't connect or 'no emails' even thou are are some.
Ooooeeevaaa.
I guess all I want to do, is use chrome as my default browser, and access
my mail and facebook. Facebook does work right. I didn't know my first
smart phone was smarter than I, hahaha. Smiley Wink
Merry Christmas

*Love,*
*Renee and Jerry*
Message 5 of 6 (593 Views)
Community Manager

BTW, if you have an AT&T Corporate Store nearby, you can always stop by for some information and tutorials. Are you using only Gmail or another email service too?

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Employee Contributor*
Message 6 of 6 (563 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.