can't connect to mail, won't sync?

Highlighted

can't connect to mail, won't sync?

HI, I can somehow get to facebook but when I click on the world icon, I  it says it can't connect to server.  I have a wifi I'm using.  It says no messages when I know I have messages on gmail.  Thank you again. 

Message 1 of 6
Community Manager

Re: can't connect to mail, won't sync?

What kind of phone are you using? Are you using a cellular data as well as wi-fi?

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 6

Hi, it's an AT&T phone with android.  It has data, but I turned it off, and turned  wifi on.  When I click on the world globe icon on front, it says it can't connect, but I have wifi in my house.  I feel so stupid.  Thank you.

Message 3 of 6
Community Manager

No problem, sometimes we just need to start from the beginning. First go to Apps - Settings - Wi-Fi and make sure you're connected to your network by clicking on it's name. If you appear to be connected, turn off wi-fi and turn it back on and reconnect. Also try to power cycle your phone by removing a battery and then turning it back on. Can you get to Google Play store? If you can, search for a different browser, just to test your connection, try chrome browser.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 6

Hi and thank you!!! I just turned off wifi and turned back on. When I
click on world icon, it goes to yahoo. when I click on google chrome, it
goes to google play, and when I click on gmail, it show my mail. but if
click on email, says can't connect or 'no emails' even thou are are some.
Ooooeeevaaa.
I guess all I want to do, is use chrome as my default browser, and access
my mail and facebook. Facebook does work right. I didn't know my first
smart phone was smarter than I, hahaha. Smiley Wink
Merry Christmas

*Love,*
*Renee and Jerry*
Message 5 of 6
Community Manager

BTW, if you have an AT&T Corporate Store nearby, you can always stop by for some information and tutorials. Are you using only Gmail or another email service too?

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Employee Contributor*
Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support