can I bring a verizon razor maxx to pay as you go?

can I bring a verizon razor maxx to pay as you go?

I just need to know if I can bring a verizon razor maxx to pay as you go?

Message 1 of 6 (561 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: can I bring a verizon razor maxx to pay as you go?

Despite it having necessary GSM support VZW phones are generally not unlocked for use with US GSM providers, so the most likely answer is no, you can't.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6 (509 Views)
Mentor

Based on my research, your verizon phone supports gsm for international use. I don't have a chance to test it but I think you will use it on ATT prepaid.
Message 3 of 6 (495 Views)
Highlighted
Master

[ Edited ]

I would think that it wouldn't work, as Verizon phones have not been compatible with AT&T's network in the past.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 4 of 6 (447 Views)
Mentor

The device supports both CDMA for Verizon and GSM for international travel use. You can use it as a GSM phone using AT&T, T-Mobile etc.

Message 5 of 6 (437 Views)
ACE - Master

damiloveu wrote:

The device supports both CDMA for Verizon and GSM for international travel use. You can use it as a GSM phone using AT&T, T-Mobile etc.

Only if it is unlocked for domestic use. As someone else pointed out, Verizon phones are generally unlocked only for international use, not domestic use. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 6 (425 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.