Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Sep 7, 2013
6:25:24 PM
View profile
blocking numbers

If I block a number from my childs phone line, what happens if they try to text that number?

If I block a number from my childs phone line, what happens if they try to text that number?

blocking numbers

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 9, 2013 5:30:55 AM
(0)
Employee

Hello no one important!  Thanks for your post and for registering for the forums!

Text messages from a blocked number will receive an automated message and if your child attempts to text a  blocked number an automated message will generate to your child's number as well.

Check out our great support article AT&T Smart Limits for Wireless and click on the plus symbol for Automated messages for blocked calls and text messages for more details!   Smiley Happy

~Delia

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Hello no one important!  Thanks for your post and for registering for the forums!

Text messages from a blocked number will receive an automated message and if your child attempts to text a  blocked number an automated message will generate to your child's number as well.

Check out our great support article AT&T Smart Limits for Wireless and click on the plus symbol for Automated messages for blocked calls and text messages for more details!   Smiley Happy

~Delia

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: blocking numbers

2 of 2 (1,035 Views)