Posted Oct 2, 2013
11:25:04 AM
View profile
blocked sim

is it possible to unblock my sim? Yes like a dumb $!# I tried 10 times to enter a # in the puc now my sim is blocked. Someone please help I have been online for 3 hours tryin to get this fixed. My phone will only allow call to 911, I cant receive my pass word from att and i am about to go flipping nuts! I do not have another phone to call out from is there anyway I can fix this?

is it possible to unblock my sim? Yes like a dumb $!# I tried 10 times to enter a # in the puc now my sim is blocked. Someone please help I have been online for 3 hours tryin to get this fixed. My phone will only allow call to 911, I cant receive my pass word from att and i am about to go flipping nuts! I do not have another phone to call out from is there anyway I can fix this?

Jen

blocked sim

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2013 1:56:48 PM
(0)
Expert

chaser1 wrote:

go into a corporate store, the sim may need to be replaced, make sure it is a corproate and not an authorized reatailer

chaser1 wrote:

go into a corporate store, the sim may need to be replaced, make sure it is a corproate and not an authorized reatailer

Re: blocked sim

2 of 6 (565 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2013 2:33:00 PM
(0)
Community Manager
Edited by ATTDmitriyCM on Oct 2, 2013 at 2:33:25 PM

wingrider is right, you'll need to get a new SIM card, and they're free from Corporate Stores. When the SIM is locked because of failed PUK code attempts, it's locked permanently and unfortunately can not be unlocked.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

wingrider is right, you'll need to get a new SIM card, and they're free from Corporate Stores. When the SIM is locked because of failed PUK code attempts, it's locked permanently and unfortunately can not be unlocked.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

[ Edited ]
3 of 6 (554 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2013 7:28:00 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Question, before I think I saw something about PUK codes being able to be seen from myAT&T accounts (I'm unfamiliar with the steps). Is this still in place or am I confusing it with something else? :smileytongue:
~Sunshine :smileyhappy:
Question, before I think I saw something about PUK codes being able to be seen from myAT&T accounts (I'm unfamiliar with the steps). Is this still in place or am I confusing it with something else? :smileytongue:
~Sunshine :)
- Sunshine :)
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 6 (528 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2013 6:17:27 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Normally a SIM card can be unlocked with a PUK code, but OP has mentioned that they entered it incorrectly 10 times, at which point the SIM is permanently locked. Is this what you're asking about Evandela?

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Normally a SIM card can be unlocked with a PUK code, but OP has mentioned that they entered it incorrectly 10 times, at which point the SIM is permanently locked. Is this what you're asking about Evandela?

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 6 (485 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2013 7:07:59 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Ahhh ok makes sense! Thanks Dmitry. Yeah I knew there was something about being able to unlock the SIM PUK code somehow. Just didn't know it would be permanently locked after 10 tries. :smileyhappy:
~Sunshine :smileyhappy:
Ahhh ok makes sense! Thanks Dmitry. Yeah I knew there was something about being able to unlock the SIM PUK code somehow. Just didn't know it would be permanently locked after 10 tries. :smileyhappy:
~Sunshine :)
- Sunshine :)
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 6 (477 Views)