Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 8, 2014
7:06:27 PM
att gets cheaper and cheaper
So att introduced cheaper shared data plans last month that were pretty reasonable in price if your out of contract and I switch to it. And then this month on March 9th they will start even cheaper shared data plans which again I will switch to.
So att introduced cheaper shared data plans last month that were pretty reasonable in price if your out of contract and I switch to it. And then this month on March 9th they will start even cheaper shared data plans which again I will switch to.

att gets cheaper and cheaper

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 10, 2014 7:27:32 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hi, mendomar012!

Thanks for posting! Click on the link below for more information about these Mobile Share Value Plans.

Mobile Share Value Plans FAQ

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hi, mendomar012!

Thanks for posting! Click on the link below for more information about these Mobile Share Value Plans.

Mobile Share Value Plans FAQ

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: att gets cheaper and cheaper

2 of 7 (608 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 10, 2014 8:59:26 PM
(0)
Scholar
This is great
This is great

3 of 7 (578 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 16, 2014 7:36:58 AM
(0)
Scholar

mendomar012 wrote:
This is great

It is great, That is until you need a new phone. The $65 2G data and unlimited text and calling will then be closer to $90.  There will be a great opportunity for a company to come out with an unlocked phone in the $250 range that competes with the Iphone and others.

mendomar012 wrote:
This is great

It is great, That is until you need a new phone. The $65 2G data and unlimited text and calling will then be closer to $90.  There will be a great opportunity for a company to come out with an unlocked phone in the $250 range that competes with the Iphone and others.

4 of 7 (420 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 16, 2014 8:59:57 AM
(0)
Scholar
I don't buy phones from att anymore. I buy nexus phones when I need a new one

5 of 7 (415 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 16, 2014 4:56:35 PM
(0)
Scholar

mendomar012 wrote:

My opinion of the Mobile Share Plan is it looks like a good deal going in. Then after a while you need a new phone. This is where the extra $25 to $30 per month per phone comes in. In the long run if you don't use a ton of data you will pay more on the Mobile Share Plan than your old plan.

The market will change and the best guess I have right now is to buy the phone outside of AT&T or go with another carrier when they run a special deal.  The Next program isn't great but better than any other AT&T program. Keep the phone in good condition for the full term and then sell it yourself and apply the funds toward a new phone.

mendomar012 wrote:

My opinion of the Mobile Share Plan is it looks like a good deal going in. Then after a while you need a new phone. This is where the extra $25 to $30 per month per phone comes in. In the long run if you don't use a ton of data you will pay more on the Mobile Share Plan than your old plan.

The market will change and the best guess I have right now is to buy the phone outside of AT&T or go with another carrier when they run a special deal.  The Next program isn't great but better than any other AT&T program. Keep the phone in good condition for the full term and then sell it yourself and apply the funds toward a new phone.

6 of 7 (386 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 16, 2014 5:20:08 PM
(0)
Scholar
That's what I said lol
That's what I said lol

7 of 7 (378 Views)