att gets cheaper and cheaper

Scholar

att gets cheaper and cheaper

So att introduced cheaper shared data plans last month that were pretty reasonable in price if your out of contract and I switch to it. And then this month on March 9th they will start even cheaper shared data plans which again I will switch to.
Message 1 of 7 (808 Views)
Community Manager

Re: att gets cheaper and cheaper

Hi, mendomar012!

Thanks for posting! Click on the link below for more information about these Mobile Share Value Plans.

Mobile Share Value Plans FAQ

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 7 (705 Views)
Scholar

This is great
Message 3 of 7 (675 Views)
Scholar

mendomar012 wrote:
This is great

It is great, That is until you need a new phone. The $65 2G data and unlimited text and calling will then be closer to $90.  There will be a great opportunity for a company to come out with an unlocked phone in the $250 range that competes with the Iphone and others.

Message 4 of 7 (517 Views)
Scholar

I don't buy phones from att anymore. I buy nexus phones when I need a new one
Message 5 of 7 (512 Views)
Scholar

mendomar012 wrote:
I don't buy phones from att anymore. I buy nexus phones when I need a new one

My opinion of the Mobile Share Plan is it looks like a good deal going in. Then after a while you need a new phone. This is where the extra $25 to $30 per month per phone comes in. In the long run if you don't use a ton of data you will pay more on the Mobile Share Plan than your old plan.

The market will change and the best guess I have right now is to buy the phone outside of AT&T or go with another carrier when they run a special deal.  The Next program isn't great but better than any other AT&T program. Keep the phone in good condition for the full term and then sell it yourself and apply the funds toward a new phone.

Message 6 of 7 (483 Views)
Scholar

That's what I said lol
Message 7 of 7 (475 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.