Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 4, 2013
8:55:33 AM
View profile
annoying incoming calls

On my iphone I have recieved over 75 incoming calls during the last week;  from random numbers but all with the same voice.  These calls come in about every 20 to 30 minutes.  I have put my number on the "do not call list".  I have blocked numbers however since a different number is used for each incoming call, the blocked number feature is not effective.  I have assigned a silent ring to all but known incoming numbers yet the calls continue.  THERE MUST BE SOME WAY TO STOP THESE CALLS.  I don't wish to change my incoming number.  I cannot locate the source of the calls.  I have heard this may be called "spoofing" there must be a way to stop this.  Any suggestions from you all ?    

On my iphone I have recieved over 75 incoming calls during the last week;  from random numbers but all with the same voice.  These calls come in about every 20 to 30 minutes.  I have put my number on the "do not call list".  I have blocked numbers however since a different number is used for each incoming call, the blocked number feature is not effective.  I have assigned a silent ring to all but known incoming numbers yet the calls continue.  THERE MUST BE SOME WAY TO STOP THESE CALLS.  I don't wish to change my incoming number.  I cannot locate the source of the calls.  I have heard this may be called "spoofing" there must be a way to stop this.  Any suggestions from you all ?    

annoying incoming calls

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 4, 2013 12:23:01 PM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello biglake,

What does the caller want? It does sound like a number spoofing, there is unfortunately not a whole lot you can do, it's impossible to predict what number they'll be calling from to block it. I recommend calling AT&T at 1-800-331-0500 and reporting the issue, also make sure you have as many account security features as possible.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello biglake,

What does the caller want? It does sound like a number spoofing, there is unfortunately not a whole lot you can do, it's impossible to predict what number they'll be calling from to block it. I recommend calling AT&T at 1-800-331-0500 and reporting the issue, also make sure you have as many account security features as possible.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: annoying incoming calls

2 of 2 (418 Views)