ability to change # of rings before voicemail picks up on my WF720 wireless home phone

Contributor

ability to change # of rings before voicemail picks up on my WF720 wireless home phone

I want to change # of rings before voicemail picks up  on my WF720 wireless home phone or better yet, to disable its voicemail altogether.  My reason:  I want to use the voicemail system on my cordless phone because it has an audible signal for new messages.

Message 1 of 2 (1,851 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: ability to change # of rings before voicemail picks up on my WF720 wireless home phone

Note that you can control the ringing time, not number of rings. Here's how:

1. On your phone, dial *#61# and click Send.
  2. Some information should be displayed: number that the calls are being forwarded to and the delay before the forwarding engages (note: on some phones, like Sony Ericsson the delay is not reported).
  3. Write down the number (including +1)
  4. Dial **61*+1xxxyyyzzzz*11*30# and hit Send. +1xxxyyyzzzz is the number you wrote down previously, 30 is the delay in seconds. The delay can be set in 5 second increments, 30 is maximum
  5. Dial *#61# to verify that the new settings are active (note: if your phone doesn't display the delay, you will have to place a test call to it instead from a different phone).
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2 (1,757 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.