Helpful Links

ability to change # of rings before voicemail picks up on my WF720 wireless home phone

Contributor

ability to change # of rings before voicemail picks up on my WF720 wireless home phone

I want to change # of rings before voicemail picks up  on my WF720 wireless home phone or better yet, to disable its voicemail altogether.  My reason:  I want to use the voicemail system on my cordless phone because it has an audible signal for new messages.

Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: ability to change # of rings before voicemail picks up on my WF720 wireless home phone

Note that you can control the ringing time, not number of rings. Here's how:

1. On your phone, dial *#61# and click Send.
  2. Some information should be displayed: number that the calls are being forwarded to and the delay before the forwarding engages (note: on some phones, like Sony Ericsson the delay is not reported).
  3. Write down the number (including +1)
  4. Dial **61*+1xxxyyyzzzz*11*30# and hit Send. +1xxxyyyzzzz is the number you wrote down previously, 30 is the delay in seconds. The delay can be set in 5 second increments, 30 is maximum
  5. Dial *#61# to verify that the new settings are active (note: if your phone doesn't display the delay, you will have to place a test call to it instead from a different phone).
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support