Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 25, 2014
3:39:57 PM
View profile
Xperia Z LTE in AT&T network

Hi, we (two adults) are in the phase of preparation of our 3 week long trip to United States.

Main part of the trip will be in New Mexico - Albuquerque, but also Grand Canyon, maybe also Las Vegas for a short time.

During our holidays in US we gonna to use our tablet the Sony Xperia Z LTE as 

digital assistant. It was purchased and is in use in Europe. No SIM lock on it.

If it comes to radio freq. bands following are supported

UMTS/HSxPA 850, 900, 2100

LTE bands I, III, V VII VIII, XX

Will this device work in AT&T network in the mentioned regions in both LTE and UMTS mode?

Hi, we (two adults) are in the phase of preparation of our 3 week long trip to United States.

Main part of the trip will be in New Mexico - Albuquerque, but also Grand Canyon, maybe also Las Vegas for a short time.

During our holidays in US we gonna to use our tablet the Sony Xperia Z LTE as 

digital assistant. It was purchased and is in use in Europe. No SIM lock on it.

If it comes to radio freq. bands following are supported

UMTS/HSxPA 850, 900, 2100

LTE bands I, III, V VII VIII, XX

Will this device work in AT&T network in the mentioned regions in both LTE and UMTS mode?

Xperia Z LTE in AT&T network

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 26, 2014 9:39:13 PM
(0)
Mentor

You  need  sims  card  to  work  on  ATT  next  work..  LTE   

You  need  sims  card  to  work  on  ATT  next  work..  LTE   

Re: Xperia Z LTE in AT&T network

2 of 4 (652 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 27, 2014 12:31:19 AM
(0)
ACE - Guru

For what I know,you should be all right using UMTS in Las Vegas.

Grand Canyon always has bad coverage with all telco .You maybe just got 2G coverage in some area.

LTE are not working with the EU market Sony Xperia tablets.

You also need to play around with the APN setting on all Sony Xperia produce.

For what I know,you should be all right using UMTS in Las Vegas.

Grand Canyon always has bad coverage with all telco .You maybe just got 2G coverage in some area.

LTE are not working with the EU market Sony Xperia tablets.

You also need to play around with the APN setting on all Sony Xperia produce.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 4 (646 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 1, 2014 2:25:43 PM
(0)
Contributor
I used to purchase and use in country of my transient stay a prepaid sim of local provider. So that is not issue. Neither the device has any SIM lock in it. Unfortunately it is quite impossible for ATT not-customers to get in contact with AT&T in order to get these questions answered. Is it easy to get the access to information which radio frequency bands does AT&T UMTS network use in NM state? Is it easy to get access to information which radio frequency bands does AT&T LTE network use in NM state? Nor in case of Verizon is it easy to get oriented in those aspect prior coming to US.
I used to purchase and use in country of my transient stay a prepaid sim of local provider. So that is not issue. Neither the device has any SIM lock in it. Unfortunately it is quite impossible for ATT not-customers to get in contact with AT&T in order to get these questions answered. Is it easy to get the access to information which radio frequency bands does AT&T UMTS network use in NM state? Is it easy to get access to information which radio frequency bands does AT&T LTE network use in NM state? Nor in case of Verizon is it easy to get oriented in those aspect prior coming to US.

4 of 4 (571 Views)