Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Aug 19, 2013
3:40:25 AM
View profile
Wrong Phone Number

How do I change the phone number listed under "My phone number" under "Settings" - "About Device" - "Status"?

I recently changed my phone number on-line.  I receive calls to the new number.  The new number shows up on the the receivers caller ID when I call them.  However, "My phone number" still shows my old number; not the new one.  The reason this is a problem is because I cannot use AT&T Navigator.  Every time I try to activate AT&T Navigator, it sends an activation code via text message to my old number (the number on the SIM).  I'm guessing the SIM needs to be reprogrammed with the new phone number.  Can I do this myself or do I need to go to an AT&T wireless store to have the SIM reprogrammed with the correct phone number?

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro with all the current software and O/S upgrades installed.

How do I change the phone number listed under "My phone number" under "Settings" - "About Device" - "Status"?

I recently changed my phone number on-line.  I receive calls to the new number.  The new number shows up on the the receivers caller ID when I call them.  However, "My phone number" still shows my old number; not the new one.  The reason this is a problem is because I cannot use AT&T Navigator.  Every time I try to activate AT&T Navigator, it sends an activation code via text message to my old number (the number on the SIM).  I'm guessing the SIM needs to be reprogrammed with the new phone number.  Can I do this myself or do I need to go to an AT&T wireless store to have the SIM reprogrammed with the correct phone number?

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro with all the current software and O/S upgrades installed.

Wrong Phone Number

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 19, 2013 5:26:34 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
I would say you need to contact Customer Care so they can make the appropriate changes. Smiley Happy
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
I would say you need to contact Customer Care so they can make the appropriate changes. Smiley Happy
~Sunshine :)
- Sunshine :)
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Wrong Phone Number

2 of 2 (534 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments