Wow. Simple Sim Swap has turned into a headache due to loss of my unlimited data plan.

Wow. Simple Sim Swap has turned into a headache due to loss of my unlimited data plan.

I went to an ATT store yesterday morning to get a sim swap from his old Focus S to my old 4s since I am the main account. At first they put the wrong number... my number... into the sim card. After about 20 minutes, it seemed that the problem was fixed. I asked him if he put me back on my unlimited data plan for my iPhone 5 and he said yes. However, since it was not a corporate store, he did not have any sim cards so I had to drive to another location.

I drive to that location, and she gave me the correct sim card. Again, I asked am I still on my unlimited LTE plan? She said yes and I left. 

I went home and my phone was still showing 4G instead of LTE. I did a speed test and that confirmed it... I was getting HSPA speeds, not LTE. I called 611. She put me back on the LTE plan, finally. And she said she also put me back on my unlimited data plan. 

Out of curiousity, I checked my data usage with *3282#. And it shows that I am on the 3 gig LTE plan. (AHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Really?!). I called 611 again. And this female said she will put in a request or something to get it changed back to unlimited next week, in the 24th. So now I just have to wait and see if I get back my unlimited data plan.

All I wanted was a simple sim card swap but ATT keeps messing up the phone that should not have been affected. In less than 24 hours, I have made two visits to ATT stores, and 2 calls to get this fixed. Very annoying and frustrated and I can only hope I will get my unlimited data plan back.  

Message 1 of 2 (444 Views)
Community Manager

Re: Wow. Simple Sim Swap has turned into a headache due to loss of my unlimited data plan.

Hello, LocoStrange!

Thank you for your post.

I'm sorry to hear that your SIM card change experience was not as seamless as it could be. If there is anything we can do to help, please let us know via private message by clicking here. Please include your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon at the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2 (378 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.