Helpful Links

Worst service

Contributor

Worst service

I have had AT&T for a couple years now. According to the coverage maps I should have Good voice service and 2G data service where I am moving to this summer. I have already tested using a 1yr old Note 2 with most current Android OS and a new LG C410. I have tested both phones at the location and neither one has any signal of any sort. I have to drive 3 miles south, 8 miles north, 8 miles west, or 15 miles east to get any coverage.

Also keep seeing surprise charges. Had to get the Note 2 last year after my Infuse 3G broke. Tried to turn it in on insurance and was told that accidental damage wasn't covered so I had to pay full price for the Note 2 eventhough I put it on a 2yr contract. Then I decided to add a line last weekend and got the LG C410. Paid the discounted price but when I got my bill I was charged $40 for the new line instead of the $15. Took me 45 minutes with customer support to get that corrected.

Then I was transferred to another person for the coverage issue. His coverage map is different from what the site shows apparently. So now I am a guinea pig waiting to get a 3G Microcell to test and hope that it works. Wonder why the 4G Microcell isn't offered for testing.

Message 1 of 3
Community Manager

Re: Worst service

Hello @secret52 

Thank you for posting. There is no 4G Microcell device, it's a 3G Microcell only at this time. If you have an active Internet connection at your location, it'll work. A Coverage Viewer shows an approximate coverage based on the towers in your area, however other factors might be affecting your real life experience.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Scholar

Re: Worst service

Odds are if you have Internet to use a Microcell, you can also set up a wireless AP for WiFi.

It really makes no sense to use you Microcell for data, it uses data from your allowance.

-= ranron =-
Silver iPhone 5s - AT&T / 450 Rollover Minutes + 200 Bonus Minutes / Unlimited Int'l Data / 50 Roaming Messages / WorldTraveler / WorldConnect
Gray iPhone 5s - China Mobile / 1200 Minutes / 3GB data

[Note: I am not affiliated with AT&T]
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?
Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

AT&T Locker is being discontinued on August 3rd. Find out what you need to do.

Additional Support