Wireless Forums

Posted Nov 5, 2013
5:51:52 PM
View profile
Working with AT&T 13 days for a refund, keep getting different answers.

I logged on to pay my account on the 23rd, it showed I stilled owed my bill so I paid it.  Autopay also kicked in and drafted.  I called collections the next day and told them what happened.  They told me I needed to have my bank fax them paperwork showing the money was drafted from my account.  So my bank faxed the required paperwork, on the 29th I received a phone call stating my case was finalized and the money would be return to my account with 24 to 72 hours.  I've checked with my bank daily and so far nothing has been deposited.  I have called AT&T numerous times asking abt the money and keep being told that the money was being held by my bank.  My bank has told me that they do not hold money, that when it arrives it will be deposited.

Finally this evening I get someone at AT&T to tell me what bank they sent the money to, they call off some bank that I don't recognize.  Now I'm being told it will take an additonal 5 days to get my money back.  I didn't screw the transfer up, my bank sent you a letter stating that money was drafted, you have the name of my bank in front of you and you sent it to the wrong bank and I still have to wait 5 more days.  I think I have been more than patient.  I want my money return to my account, who do I need to

speak with to make this happen, I have other bills I need to pay with this money.

I have been a customer since 2006 and have never been late on a payment and this is how AT&T treats their loyal customers.  I just had Uverse removed from my house, looks like cellular will be booted to the curb next.  

I logged on to pay my account on the 23rd, it showed I stilled owed my bill so I paid it.  Autopay also kicked in and drafted.  I called collections the next day and told them what happened.  They told me I needed to have my bank fax them paperwork showing the money was drafted from my account.  So my bank faxed the required paperwork, on the 29th I received a phone call stating my case was finalized and the money would be return to my account with 24 to 72 hours.  I've checked with my bank daily and so far nothing has been deposited.  I have called AT&T numerous times asking abt the money and keep being told that the money was being held by my bank.  My bank has told me that they do not hold money, that when it arrives it will be deposited.

Finally this evening I get someone at AT&T to tell me what bank they sent the money to, they call off some bank that I don't recognize.  Now I'm being told it will take an additonal 5 days to get my money back.  I didn't screw the transfer up, my bank sent you a letter stating that money was drafted, you have the name of my bank in front of you and you sent it to the wrong bank and I still have to wait 5 more days.  I think I have been more than patient.  I want my money return to my account, who do I need to

speak with to make this happen, I have other bills I need to pay with this money.

I have been a customer since 2006 and have never been late on a payment and this is how AT&T treats their loyal customers.  I just had Uverse removed from my house, looks like cellular will be booted to the curb next.  

Working with AT&T 13 days for a refund, keep getting different answers.

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2013 6:31:40 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, windg8!

I'm so sorry to hear about your recent experience attempting to get a refund. I know how frustrating that must be.

If you don't mind, please send us a private message by clicking here so we can investigate further. In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you.

Keep an eye on the little blue envelope in the top right corner of your screen. In the meantime, please feel free to message me with any additional questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Hello, windg8!

I'm so sorry to hear about your recent experience attempting to get a refund. I know how frustrating that must be.

If you don't mind, please send us a private message by clicking here so we can investigate further. In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you.

Keep an eye on the little blue envelope in the top right corner of your screen. In the meantime, please feel free to message me with any additional questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Working with AT&T 13 days for a refund, keep getting different answers.

2 of 2 (266 Views)