Windows Phone 7.8 Update

Windows Phone 7.8 Update

http://www.wpcentral.com/microsoft-starts-rolling-out-windows-phone-78-update

Seems to have started rolling out slowly,Anyone heard anything from ATT's end?

Message 1 of 112

Re: Windows Phone 7.8 Update

qmac wrote:

some of it is AT&T, some of it is LG, who decided to pull out of their Windows Phone business...

Since Bell-CA released it for their LG Quantums, I don't think it's LG.

Scott

Message 106 of 112
Scholar

Bell-CA released the update very quickly...before LG made its strategic decision...

Message 107 of 112

qmac wrote:

Bell-CA released the update very quickly...before LG made its strategic decision...

Well, Bell-CA also released the followung 2 updates after the initial 7.8 as well which was after LG made their announcment.

I finally broke down and upgraded to 7.8 changing the MobileOperator to BEL-CA since it looks like AT&T is not going to release any new ones for our phones.   9 updates in total that AT&T has not released for the Quantum (3 were 7.8) and of course 6 of those would have been fixes and updates for 7.5 which was still being supported by LG of course.

Scott

Message 108 of 112
Voyager

I'm a bit unaware of this issue. I bought an unlocked Focus Flash last year on Amazon.com, and use it in Turkey.

Is this phone upgraded to 7.8 ? If so is how can I upgrade since until now I didn't get any notification, 

Thanks,

Message 109 of 112
Scholar

Sahap wrote:

I'm a bit unaware of this issue. I bought an unlocked Focus Flash last year on Amazon.com, and use it in Turkey.

Is this phone upgraded to 7.8 ? If so is how can I upgrade since until now I didn't get any notification, 

Thanks,

There's videos on Youtube...

Message 110 of 112
Highlighted
Teacher

Dear Customer Support,

When will the 7.8 update be released for my Samsung Focus?

Message 111 of 112
ACE - Professor

This isn't customer support - call 611 for that.

As far as I know, AT&T isn't going to release any additional 7.x updates. There is a free tool you can find with a google search called SevenEighter which will update your samsung focus to 7.8. You should at least consider doing that if you want to get 7.8 on your device.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 112 of 112
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support