Windows Phone 7.8 Update

Windows Phone 7.8 Update

http://www.wpcentral.com/microsoft-starts-rolling-out-windows-phone-78-update

Seems to have started rolling out slowly,Anyone heard anything from ATT's end?

Message 1 of 112 (46,594 Views)
Scholar

Re: Windows Phone 7.8 Update

Given their past history, AT&T will  not be releasing the update.  I have the HTC Titan and it has never received the multiple updates since the Mango update that was released late 2011, yes 2011.

Message 91 of 112 (15,252 Views)
Teacher

[ Edited ]

I used a program called seveneighter, its and automatic cab file method that will update your phone to the lastest version of 7.8 (8862) You need zune. Use are your own risk do it until you have the lastest version took me 8 times, probably because it updates in order i started out on Mango. I have an HTC HD7S an att exclusive version of t-mobiles HD7. I also switched to T-mobile seeing as their 3G bands work on this device, honestly at least t-mobile spoke about the 7.8 update AT&T hasn't even devivered updates from 2011.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Message 92 of 112 (15,225 Views)
Scholar

Yes, I've done that, the whole point is that we shouldn't have to.
Message 93 of 112 (15,223 Views)
Contributor

I have the HTC Titan II and for the most part love it, HOWEVER Adobe Flash Player is not compatible, which means things like certain movies, videos and all FB games won't work.  Had I known this would never bought a Windows phone.

Also, for all of you inquiring about the update. . . . don't hold your breath.  There is not going to be one.  I just got off the phone with HTC and got the news.  Now I am stuck with a phone that is, to me at least, no more than a device to make calls from.  I get more use out of my iPod.  Will AT&T exchange it for me?  yea right 

I am so angry right now that I will take ALL of my business elsewhere.. . internet, TV and wireless will leave AT&T.  The wireless will unfortunately have to wait until our four, just renewed contracts are up, but the Internet and TV are going this week.

This really is crap.  I have terminal cancer and spend a lot of my time on my on my phone and in bed.  Having everything on one device was my goal to make things easier.  Ha, Ha, joke is on me.

Message 94 of 112 (14,782 Views)
Teacher

My HD7 is an unlocked model and was Not purchased from ATT, however when I had to contact Microsoft to activate the phone I did tell them ATT was my service provider.
Message 95 of 112 (14,510 Views)

Thursday, May 9th 2013. I plugged my Nokia Lumia 900 into my computer. Zune saw it and updated my phone from Tango to full 7.8 a total of four (4) updates including a new Nokia update.  OS Version-7.10.8862.144. This is also, from what I read online, 7.8 as well as the tile fix that plagued the original 7.8 update.

Thank you at&t.

Message 96 of 112 (14,503 Views)
Scholar

May 10, 2013...

My Samsung Focus 2 just got the 7.8 upgrade! Got the notice on my phone, pluggesd into Zune, went through two additional upgrades, and then landed on 7.8...very happy!

Message 97 of 112 (14,452 Views)

OK, I had heard the Nokia 900s were getting it but hadn't heard anything about any other older models. So there might be hope for my LG Quantum?

Scott
Message 98 of 112 (14,443 Views)
Scholar

nope...they aren't updating the quantum....I was shocked to get it on my Focus 2 (even though Samsung had been promising it for a while)...

Message 99 of 112 (14,371 Views)
Highlighted

http://www.wpcentral.com/windows-phone-78-updates-pushing-out-att-focus-2-and-venue-pro

As some posters have noted, two new phones are getting the update.Hopefully the Titan's are next.

Message 100 of 112 (14,313 Views)

[ Edited ]

Why not the LG Quantums?

Scott

Message 101 of 112 (14,304 Views)
Scholar

The Quantum can get it, if you figure out the trick to forcing it. I'm running it now on mine
Message 102 of 112 (14,270 Views)

From what I've read, switching the mobile operator to BEL-CA will do it since they released the update for their Quantum users.   Would love to know why AT&T can't do the same to support us.

Scott

Message 103 of 112 (13,941 Views)
Scholar

some of it is AT&T, some of it is LG, who decided to pull out of their Windows Phone business...

Message 104 of 112 (13,890 Views)

ATT your are very poor when it comes to customer service....no announcements no nothing as to what you are doing for your customers......your inability to provide to your customers is totally against what customer service should be......in plain text WHAT THE....WHERE IS OUR UPDATE...AND AS FAR AS MICROSOFT YOU REALLY SCREWED THE ..... WHEN YOU FAILED TO PUSH OUT THE UPDATES LIKE APPLE....AT LEAST THEY GOT THAT RIGHT....
Message 105 of 112 (13,841 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.