Windows Phone 7.8 Update

Windows Phone 7.8 Update

http://www.wpcentral.com/microsoft-starts-rolling-out-windows-phone-78-update

Seems to have started rolling out slowly,Anyone heard anything from ATT's end?

Message 1 of 112 (46,605 Views)

Re: Windows Phone 7.8 Update

[ Edited ]

http://www.wpcentral.com/att-nokia-lumia-900-update-78-coming-jan-30th-details

Only Lumia 900 is getting the update so far,If that article is true.

Message 16 of 112 (43,763 Views)

I came here to post that. it's a shame the mods here don't post stuff like this first

Message 17 of 112 (43,754 Views)
ACE - Professor

Its doubful the mods would post rumors from other sites - until there is an offical announcement, what would you have a mod post?

As soon as any offical press release is made, someone will post a link to it.

All that said, I would fully expect the Lumia 900 to get the update first, and hope that other devices would follow after not to long a delay.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 18 of 112 (43,699 Views)

Im hoping the HTC Titan's will get the update.But I truely want to see as many devices as possible to get the update.Did we ever get Tango? Verizon's ONLY Windows Phone at the time got Tango compared to ATT being the so called premier Windows Phone partner.I dont hate ATT but they sure dont act like they are the premier partner.

Message 19 of 112 (43,607 Views)

no updates yet and it's the day for the L900 may have to go the flash route

Message 20 of 112 (43,265 Views)
Mentor

I swear these guys are just killin' me with the stalling.

Verizon is supposedly getting a Nokia Hero phone soon.  May soon be time to leap....

Message 21 of 112 (43,097 Views)
Mentor

[ Edited ]

lots of reports over at WPCentral stating their 900's are getting the update on AT&T.

Message 22 of 112 (43,090 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

Didn't have to flash just did the zune trick and got it

1- Turn off cellular data, and Wifi on your Lumia 900 or WP device(see below).
2- Connect to Zune, check for updates. It won’t detect one.
3- Change to a different tab other than update in the settings.
4- Disconnect phone, then reconnect it.
5- Now, get ready. You will need to hit the “Update” button and unplug the network cable from your computer exactly 2 seconds (or for some 5 seconds) after hitting this button. It will present an update is available!
6- Reconnect internet, then hit Update!
7- Now update!

HTC:
    Titan
    Radar
    Mozart
    Trophy

LG:
    E900

Nokia
    Lumia 610 & Lumia 610 NFC
    Lumia 710
    Lumia 800
    Lumia 900

Samsung:
    Omnia W
    Omnia 7
So even the LG E900 is getting this update.

Some Dell DVP people are getting it also

Edit you have to do the unplug trick more than once since there are more than one update

Message 23 of 112 (43,085 Views)

I just got it. It's two updates for the L900

Message 24 of 112 (43,081 Views)
Voyager

I may be wrong about this, but I have to believe that AT&T and/or Microsoft would provide a somewhat easier way to update to 7.8 than taking a Network + class...
Message 25 of 112 (42,475 Views)
Teacher

Well i have an HTC HD7S and it seems that once again AT&T won't be pushing the updates. I am now switching to t-mobile because they know how to release updates on time.

Message 26 of 112 (42,393 Views)
Mentor

Ridlah wrote:

Well i have an HTC HD7S and it seems that once again AT&T won't be pushing the updates. I am now switching to t-mobile because they know how to release updates on time.

To be fair this date was never announced.  We only knew that Nokia was targeting the Lumia 900.  Other devices and networks was a nice bonus.

Message 27 of 112 (42,312 Views)
Voyager

[ Edited ]

Yeah. Well, I have a Nokia Lumia 900 and I've been trying to get the stupid update for TEN HOURS!!!!! This is my last AT&T phone.

EDIT: Just spoke to a rep from AT&T who said it could be as long as two weeks before I get the update. Funny how this NEVER happens with iPhones. Guess I will have to switch back to one. On Verizon.

Message 28 of 112 (42,081 Views)
Mentor

[ Edited ]

encouraged the update last nite with the wifi trick.  like it. don't like that I had to encourage it to get it to happen, and that's why I have an eager eye for what is coming from verizon soon....

Message 29 of 112 (41,153 Views)

ATT should put out a blog on which phones are getting the 7.8 update.

Message 30 of 112 (40,914 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.