Windows Phone 7.8 Update

Windows Phone 7.8 Update

http://www.wpcentral.com/microsoft-starts-rolling-out-windows-phone-78-update

Seems to have started rolling out slowly,Anyone heard anything from ATT's end?

Message 1 of 112 (46,643 Views)
Tutor

Re: Windows Phone 7.8 Update

All I want is the disappearing keyboard fix for my Titan. Haven't gotten that from AT&T yet, and I'm not holding my breath for the 7.8 update. AT&T is horrible in the form of updating and its one thing they need to improve on.

Message 2 of 112 (45,131 Views)
Professor

My computer installed a new phone driver over wifi about an hour ago I  wonder if there is something in the works

Message 3 of 112 (45,097 Views)
Contributor

Hear anything from AT&T? Surely you jest. We will hear from them last--if ever.
Message 4 of 112 (44,989 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

True, sorry, must be the wackey weed

Message 5 of 112 (44,980 Views)
Mentor

Yes I am appalled also that the Titan hasn't received even one update over the past year. AT&T promised Tango in Q2 and we've seen how that's went. Even my old junky Backflip received more love from AT&T than the Titan. If they ever push out 7.8 for it you'll find me in the ER recovering from a coronary.
Message 6 of 112 (44,883 Views)
Scholar

So, the Lumia 920 already gets an update, but us 900/7.5 are still waiting.  UGH!

Message 7 of 112 (44,822 Views)
Professor

yup

Message 8 of 112 (44,818 Views)

They just rolled up the Tango update for the Focus Flash.

Message 9 of 112 (44,369 Views)
Tutor

This rollout is crazy slow. Someone needs to kicked in the hindparts for allowing this to take forever.

All I would like is for my keyboard on my device to stop dissapearing.

Message 10 of 112 (44,224 Views)
Scholar

yes, I agree..  this update is crazy slow.  They are hoping that we all give up and just buy a new Win8 phone instead.

Message 11 of 112 (44,180 Views)
Professor

I did and I love it

Message 12 of 112 (44,178 Views)
Scholar

I am tempted and do have an upgrade coming.  just don't know if I can justify it since I just got the 900 in October.

Are all the same apps available for the 820?  Does the bluetooth work well in handsfree in cars and can you transfer files via bluetooth?

I am on the fence also between 920/820 and wonder if the 920 may be too big.... the 900 is big enough!

You are definitely tempting me to switch, but I promised myself to wait until after the 7.8 update.  but that may not be out for another 6 months!

Message 13 of 112 (44,117 Views)
Mentor

lylone wrote:

I am tempted and do have an upgrade coming.  just don't know if I can justify it since I just got the 900 in October.

Are all the same apps available for the 820?  Does the bluetooth work well in handsfree in cars and can you transfer files via bluetooth?

I am on the fence also between 920/820 and wonder if the 920 may be too big.... the 900 is big enough!

You are definitely tempting me to switch, but I promised myself to wait until after the 7.8 update.  but that may not be out for another 6 months!

Apps are different between WP7 and WP8, meaning some are available and some are not... yet.  Check your must haves or what alternatives exist for you.

I can say that the Nokia 920 felt like a monster to the Samsung Focus, but I quickly got used to it and had no issues while getting used to it. 

Then again, you're talking about a Nokia 900 where my comparison was a Samsung Focus v1.3.  If you have no pressing need to upgrade and are happy with the 900, I'd say stick with it and enjoy the savings.  Should you move to the 920, I do not think you will regret and will enjoy the device.  While WP7.8 may have the same appearance as WP8, WP8 is something else!  I picked this device up on the day of release and am still a happy customer.

Message 14 of 112 (43,829 Views)
Scholar

I went ahead and took the leap and upgraded to the 820 since the store I went to didn't ave any white 920s.  I used it for 6 hours and took it back and swapped it out for a 920 on the same day.  It was worth it.  It's a nice device and is speedy fast.

I am only having one issue with the "find my phone" option not turning on, but I have yet to loose a cell phone so it is probably not needed.

I am happy with it after having the Atrix, BB 9860 and Lumia 900.  This device seems to suit me quite well.

If I still have the 900 when the 7.8 update comes out I may update it and see how it goes, but for now the 920 will stay my device of choice.

Message 15 of 112 (43,796 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.