Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 24, 2013
11:09:33 AM
View profile
Will an unlocked iPhone 5 be able to recieve 4G and or LTE on the Go Phone Network?

I've read the different specifications on the Apple website comparing the two models of iPhone 5's, and I'm curious if I will be able to recieve 4G and/or LTE with the unlocked phone on the Go Phone Network? I know they've allowed 4G LTE on Go Phone now, Im not sure if it will be able to though. Just ordered it, I hope i didn't make a mistake, as this was half of the reason I wanted to upgrade to the 5 from my 4.

I've read the different specifications on the Apple website comparing the two models of iPhone 5's, and I'm curious if I will be able to recieve 4G and/or LTE with the unlocked phone on the Go Phone Network? I know they've allowed 4G LTE on Go Phone now, Im not sure if it will be able to though. Just ordered it, I hope i didn't make a mistake, as this was half of the reason I wanted to upgrade to the 5 from my 4.

Will an unlocked iPhone 5 be able to recieve 4G and or LTE on the Go Phone Network?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 24, 2013 2:13:15 PM
(0)
Expert

Peggy2317 wrote:

If you ordered a unlocked US model from Apple and use the 60.00 gophone plan you should be good to go. Did you verify that the phone you are getting is the unlocked one and not the no contract one? They are two different models and only one is unlocked.

Peggy2317 wrote:

If you ordered a unlocked US model from Apple and use the 60.00 gophone plan you should be good to go. Did you verify that the phone you are getting is the unlocked one and not the no contract one? They are two different models and only one is unlocked.

Re: Will an unlocked iPhone 5 be able to recieve 4G and or LTE on the Go Phone Network?

2 of 4 (448 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 25, 2013 11:21:04 AM
(0)
Mentor

Is the $60 plan somehow the only smartphone plan getting 4G?

Is the $60 plan somehow the only smartphone plan getting 4G?

Re: Will an unlocked iPhone 5 be able to recieve 4G and or LTE on the Go Phone Network?

3 of 4 (383 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2013 8:03:18 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
I wouldn't say it's a 'yes' for sure, although it may end up working as long as you have LTE in your area. If it does work, great, you able to use the fastest mobile technology around! If it doesn't appear to be working, then it looks like 3G (and perhaps "4G") is your best friend(s).

This will definitely be interesting to find out.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

I wouldn't say it's a 'yes' for sure, although it may end up working as long as you have LTE in your area. If it does work, great, you able to use the fastest mobile technology around! If it doesn't appear to be working, then it looks like 3G (and perhaps "4G") is your best friend(s).

This will definitely be interesting to find out.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (324 Views)