Ask a question

Posted Jul 17, 2013
    11:49:51 AM
    View profile
    Will Sony Xperia SP C5306 Be Compatible?
    Edited by jwan830 on Jul 17, 2013 at 11:58:54 AM

Hi, I am interested in this unlock device from Sony, it is the North America model C5306, which supports:

HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 - C5306

LTE 850 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100 - C5306

Can I use this phone for Gophone prepaid service and receive both 3G and LTE service? 

Thanks!

Will Sony Xperia SP C5306 Be Compatible?

[ Edited ]
    4 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (4)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 17, 2013 2:53:33 PM
    (0)
    Expert

jwan830 wrote:

Hi, I am interested in this unlock device from Sony, it is the North America model C5306, which supports:

HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 - C5306

LTE 850 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100 - C5306

Can I use this phone for Gophone prepaid service and receive both 3G and LTE service? 

Thanks!

ATT

LTE Band 4 - 1700

LTE Band 17 - 700

3G - UMTS - 850/900/1800/1900

Looks like it will only do 3G reliably

Re: Will Sony Xperia SP C5306 Be Compatible?

2 of 5 (1,294 Views)
    Highlighted
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 29, 2013 2:05:01 PM
    (0)
    Mentor

After fighting with this phone for 3 days, I think I'm giving it up.  AT&T technical support nor I were able to get around the following items:

- AT&T was not able to provision an LTE compatible data plan for this phone, so I can only use HSPA.

- The AT&T microcell will not connect to this phone.  Since I use and require a microcell where I use the phone the most, this became the showstopper.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.  The major problem is that since AT&T systems don't recognize the IMEI range that these models have, the configurators cannot set up all of the proper settings throughout their systems.  I'm sure someone at engineering would be able to figure it out, but clearly unless there were hundreds/thousands of these phones requesting it, no one else can do much about it.

So my suggestions, take it for whatever it's worth, don't get it if you use AT&T.

3 of 5 (1,060 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 29, 2013 2:17:48 PM
    (0)
    Expert

partymonkey wrote:

After fighting with this phone for 3 days, I think I'm giving it up.  AT&T technical support nor I were able to get around the following items:

- AT&T was not able to provision an LTE compatible data plan for this phone, so I can only use HSPA.

- The AT&T microcell will not connect to this phone.  Since I use and require a microcell where I use the phone the most, this became the showstopper.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.  The major problem is that since AT&T systems don't recognize the IMEI range that these models have, the configurators cannot set up all of the proper settings throughout their systems.  I'm sure someone at engineering would be able to figure it out, but clearly unless there were hundreds/thousands of these phones requesting it, no one else can do much about it.

So my suggestions, take it for whatever it's worth, don't get it if you use AT&T.

you are right, you cannot configure the Sony Xperia SP C5306 for LTE, since the device does not operate on ther required frequencies for US LTE.

As far as microcell, no idea, never used one, but there are other ACE's that are very familiar with them

4 of 5 (1,053 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 29, 2013 7:39:07 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Master

partymonkey wrote:

I responded in the MicroCell forum but basically the phone has to be an AT&T "approved" phone that is registered on the AT&T network. Just because it meets the network requirements doesn't mean it will work on AT&T.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 5 (1,020 Views)