Will ATT offer free wifi calling like Sprint and Tmobile?

Contributor

Will ATT offer free wifi calling like Sprint and Tmobile?

Like the title states.  I know Tmobile and Sprint offer free wifi calling and text with their respective carriers and I think ATT can benefit from that as well.  I know ATT offers the microcell but this would make it a lot easier especially for us at our work who have horrendous ATT signal..  It would be easier than building a tower I assume.

Message 1 of 4
Scholar

Re: Will ATT offer free wifi calling like Sprint and Tmobile?

I hope they do someday.  But the only reason T-Mobile EVER offered wifi calling was becasue their frequenices are horrible and always have difficulty penetrating buildings.  AT&T uses much lower frequenices which is why you always get signal with AT&T indoors.  

Message 2 of 4
Tutor

I hope AT&T do WiFi calling as well.... Not because the weak signal, but there are many benefits. Ex: when I had T-Mobile I used to make phone calls on airplane through Wi-Fi and keep contact with the family and friends when I'm out of the states without international roaming charges or any extra charges.
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

I think the real answer here is maybe.. But not in the near future. As others above have said, the only reason why T-Mobile or Sprint even offers Wi-Fi calling is because they use frequencies that do not perform well indoors. AT&T and Verizon on the other hand, offers more coverage while also using lower frequencies that work better indoors.

~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support