Posted Feb 22, 2014
11:33:39 AM
View profile
Will ATT offer free wifi calling like Sprint and Tmobile?

Like the title states.  I know Tmobile and Sprint offer free wifi calling and text with their respective carriers and I think ATT can benefit from that as well.  I know ATT offers the microcell but this would make it a lot easier especially for us at our work who have horrendous ATT signal..  It would be easier than building a tower I assume.

Like the title states.  I know Tmobile and Sprint offer free wifi calling and text with their respective carriers and I think ATT can benefit from that as well.  I know ATT offers the microcell but this would make it a lot easier especially for us at our work who have horrendous ATT signal..  It would be easier than building a tower I assume.

Will ATT offer free wifi calling like Sprint and Tmobile?

3 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2014 8:19:26 PM
(0)
Scholar

I hope they do someday.  But the only reason T-Mobile EVER offered wifi calling was becasue their frequenices are horrible and always have difficulty penetrating buildings.  AT&T uses much lower frequenices which is why you always get signal with AT&T indoors.  

I hope they do someday.  But the only reason T-Mobile EVER offered wifi calling was becasue their frequenices are horrible and always have difficulty penetrating buildings.  AT&T uses much lower frequenices which is why you always get signal with AT&T indoors.  

Re: Will ATT offer free wifi calling like Sprint and Tmobile?

2 of 4 (1,197 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2014 1:52:39 PM
(0)
Tutor
I hope AT&T do WiFi calling as well.... Not because the weak signal, but there are many benefits. Ex: when I had T-Mobile I used to make phone calls on airplane through Wi-Fi and keep contact with the family and friends when I'm out of the states without international roaming charges or any extra charges.
I hope AT&T do WiFi calling as well.... Not because the weak signal, but there are many benefits. Ex: when I had T-Mobile I used to make phone calls on airplane through Wi-Fi and keep contact with the family and friends when I'm out of the states without international roaming charges or any extra charges.

3 of 4 (1,154 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 24, 2014 10:28:45 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

I think the real answer here is maybe.. But not in the near future. As others above have said, the only reason why T-Mobile or Sprint even offers Wi-Fi calling is because they use frequencies that do not perform well indoors. AT&T and Verizon on the other hand, offers more coverage while also using lower frequencies that work better indoors.

~Sunshine :smileyhappy:

I think the real answer here is maybe.. But not in the near future. As others above have said, the only reason why T-Mobile or Sprint even offers Wi-Fi calling is because they use frequencies that do not perform well indoors. AT&T and Verizon on the other hand, offers more coverage while also using lower frequencies that work better indoors.

~Sunshine :)
- Sunshine :)
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (1,102 Views)