Why won't my voicemail work?

Contributor

Why won't my voicemail work?

Hi all. 

My iPhone 4 voicemail seems to be a bit messed up at the moment.  My voicemail is set up but I never get any of the messages that are left.  My girlfreind calls and sometimes leaves voicemails and they never show up.  I've never gotten a voicemail while I've had this phone either.  I'm waiting to hear back for a new job so my voicemail is really important and I need to get this fixed.  Any ideas?

Message 1 of 4 (1,298 Views)
Expert

Re: Why won't my voicemail work?

eddyd21290 wrote:

Hi all. 

My iPhone 4 voicemail seems to be a bit messed up at the moment.  My voicemail is set up but I never get any of the messages that are left.  My girlfreind calls and sometimes leaves voicemails and they never show up.  I've never gotten a voicemail while I've had this phone either.  I'm waiting to hear back for a new job so my voicemail is really important and I need to get this fixed.  Any ideas?

Do you have cellular data turned off? Visual Voicemail requires that cellular data be present and turned on

Message 2 of 4 (1,271 Views)
Contributor

Yes my cellular data is turned on.

Message 3 of 4 (1,269 Views)
Contributor

Did you switch from a basic phone to a regular phone? If so, you will need to change your features from basic voicemail to visual voicemail. Call your basic voicemail by dialing one and go through prompts. Than power off the phone and the visual voicemail should work.

Also go to settings and look for phone settings and voicemail box number. Is it the same as your number.

If these options don't work, call customer service and have them 1.) reset voicemail password 2.) make sure voicemail box is properly set.

eddyd21290 wrote:

Hi all. 

Message 4 of 4 (1,201 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.