Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 26, 2013
11:31:13 AM
View profile
Why won't my att wireless phone connect to the internet?

My son's new Moto x will not connect to the internet unless it is near a wireless internet router/signal.   It should be able to access the web where there is service.   My 1.5 year old HTC Vivid can.   I am thinking this is a problem with account set up because he had the same problem with his previous phone (HTC Inspire) but I am not sure.   Has anyone in the forum experienced and solved this problem?

My son's new Moto x will not connect to the internet unless it is near a wireless internet router/signal.   It should be able to access the web where there is service.   My 1.5 year old HTC Vivid can.   I am thinking this is a problem with account set up because he had the same problem with his previous phone (HTC Inspire) but I am not sure.   Has anyone in the forum experienced and solved this problem?

Why won't my att wireless phone connect to the internet?

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 26, 2013 1:07:37 PM
(0)
Employee
Edited by loganic on Nov 26, 2013 at 1:12:14 PM

Hey user7568,

This is from our Device Tutorials. You probably want to turn off wifi and ignore step 2.

Troubleshooting tips

1. Verify your phone has at least 2 bars of signal strength, and a wireless data connection.
  2. If attempting to browse via Wi-Fi, verify your phone is connected to the desired Wi-Fi network.
  3. Verify that cellular data is turned on.
  4. Clear the browser cookies and cache.
  5. Turn your phone off and back on.
  6. Attempt to access a different web page.

Edit: It seems like I am having trouble getting the links working, but all the steps are available at http://www.att.com/devicehowto/?_requestid=302719

-Alex

Hey user7568,

This is from our Device Tutorials. You probably want to turn off wifi and ignore step 2.

Troubleshooting tips

1. Verify your phone has at least 2 bars of signal strength, and a wireless data connection.
  2. If attempting to browse via Wi-Fi, verify your phone is connected to the desired Wi-Fi network.
  3. Verify that cellular data is turned on.
  4. Clear the browser cookies and cache.
  5. Turn your phone off and back on.
  6. Attempt to access a different web page.

Edit: It seems like I am having trouble getting the links working, but all the steps are available at http://www.att.com/devicehowto/?_requestid=302719

-Alex

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Why won't my att wireless phone connect to the internet?

[ Edited ]
2 of 2 (1,669 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments