Why isn't my iPhone 5 getting LTE?

Contributor

Why isn't my iPhone 5 getting LTE?

I've purchased the iPhone 5 after having the 4S. After activating the new nano SIM and putting it in the iPhone 5, I was told it could take up to 24 hrs to get the LTE service since it was not offered for the 4S. Well, this was 2 months ago and I haven't had a single blip of LTE and I live and work in a HUGE LTE area. So my question is, what do I have to do to get the LTE working? I've called 611, they say its on the service agreement that I have it one my line. I've been to Apple, they say the phone is fine and say it is the service. I made sure it was on inside the settings of the phone, and it was turned on. I've covered all my options. Help?

Message 1 of 6 (14,966 Views)
Master

Re: Why isn't my iPhone 5 getting LTE?

Are you sure the area your in has LTE up and running?

Message 2 of 6 (14,932 Views)
ACE - Master

Make sure you have an LTE compatible data plan. If you have an individual data plan, it should be one of these:

Data Unlimited for iPhone on 4G LTE

DataPro 5GB for iPhone on 4G LTE

DataPro 3GB for iPhone on 4G LTE

DataPro 2GB for iPhone on 4G LTE

DataPlus 300MB for iPhone on 4G LTE

DataPlus 200MB for iPhone on 4G LTE

If you don't see "for iPhone on 4G LTE", you need to change to an LTE plan.

You also need to make sure you have an LTE compatible sim.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 6 (14,927 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

I guess another question to ask is where did you get your iphone 5 and which model of iphone is it? Apple makes multiple models of the iphone 5 and if you don't have the model compatible with AT&T's LTE network, you won't get LTE service.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 6 (14,917 Views)
Contributor

that is curret!

Message 5 of 6 (14,801 Views)
ACE - Professor

The Verizon iPhone 5 will not be able to utilize the AT&T LTE network. However, you will be able to use the 4G HSPA+ network.
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 6 (14,773 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.