Helpful Links

Why is Att's IP listed at spamhaus.com

Tutor

Why is Att's IP listed at spamhaus.com

Why is the ip my phone gets assigned listed on spamhaus site for sending spam?

 

http://www.spamhaus.org/pbl/query/PBL679873

 

whats up Att - are u spammers now? Why would you assign my phone an IP that's related to spam? 

 

467 Views
Message 1 of 6
ACE - Expert

Re: Why is Att's IP listed at spamhaus.com


X126 wrote:

Why is the ip my phone gets assigned listed on spamhaus site for sending spam?

 

http://www.spamhaus.org/pbl/query/PBL679873

 

whats up Att - are u spammers now? Why would you assign my phone an IP that's related to spam? 

 


I don't think you understand what this site is saying. Unless you are running an email server on your phone (which you are not), this means nothing.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6
Highlighted
Tutor

Re: Why is Att's IP listed at spamhaus.com

Your wrong! It means (in my case) when I contribute to my favorite forum I get a message like this!

 

Your review for "XXXXXXX" has been rejected because your IP address was listed in the anti-spam database during the time of submission.

 

so it does mean something - what is going to done about it by att?

Message 3 of 6
ACE - Expert

Re: Why is Att's IP listed at spamhaus.com


X126 wrote:

Your wrong! It means (in my case) when I contribute to my favorite forum I get a message like this!

 

Your review for "XXXXXXX" has been rejected because your IP address was listed in the anti-spam database during the time of submission.

 

so it does mean something - what is going to done about it by att?


I don't think there is anything AT&T can do about it. For one thing, IP addresses are not static. You may be assigned a different IP address every time your phone connects to the internet.

 

Additionally, the IP address assigned to your phone is not the same IP address that an external site would see. The IP address assigned to your phone is a "private" address that only exists on the cellular network. It gets translated to a public IP address for connections outside the cellular network and even that address may not always be the same. I just checked my public IP address using http://whatismyip.com and by googling "what is my ip address" (which also returns your public IP address) and got 2 different responses. As to why the forum you visit has any AT&T public IP in their anti-spam database is not anything AT&T can control. I think you need to direct your question to your favorite forum. If it is blocking you, it is probably blocking everyone on the AT&T network.

 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 6
Employee

Re: Why is Att's IP listed at spamhaus.com

i.p address changes everytime you log into a new network/wifi connection and isn't provisioned by AT&T but by the Internet provider you chose

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 6
Scholar

Re: Why is Att's IP listed at spamhaus.com


bboulanger wrote:

i.p address changes everytime you log into a new network/wifi connection and isn't provisioned by AT&T but by the Internet provider you chose


True, but we don't know that the OP was connected to his/her local ISP when OP attempted to post a message to the forum--I didn't see any explicit indication from any of OP's posts in this thread that he was connected to his ISP at the time he got that spam message.

 

But, agree with others that ultimately OP may have to ask the forum owner as to how/why the IP address(es) are blacklisted if OP wants to take it that far--it's not as if AT&T asked the forum owners that AT&T be blacklisted.

Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support