Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 21, 2013
2:47:53 PM
View profile
Why do IE & Chrome time out

Why do IE & Chrome internet time-out using ATT cellular when I never had that problem with landline/wireless.

With IE I get "cannot display the page" with Chrome I get the "Opps" both about 60 % of the time. I show "excellant signal" & 65mbps.

This same laptop on Windstream dsl/wireless I never had that problem and am about to cancel the ATT cellular and go back.

Why do IE & Chrome internet time-out using ATT cellular when I never had that problem with landline/wireless.

With IE I get "cannot display the page" with Chrome I get the "Opps" both about 60 % of the time. I show "excellant signal" & 65mbps.

This same laptop on Windstream dsl/wireless I never had that problem and am about to cancel the ATT cellular and go back.

Why do IE & Chrome time out

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 21, 2013 4:08:33 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
On computers, this could be the DNS server & may be resolved by setting DNS server to google (8.8.8.8 ). So you have network settings on the phone that allows you to do that? It works especially well with Chrome s the browser.
On computers, this could be the DNS server & may be resolved by setting DNS server to google (8.8.8.8 ). So you have network settings on the phone that allows you to do that? It works especially well with Chrome s the browser.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Why do IE & Chrome time out

2 of 2 (394 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments