Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 20, 2013
11:17:50 PM
View profile
Why do ATT employees misrepresent the truth to make a . Sale???

I As a customer since 98 with four lines on our plan, I asked 3 Att reps for info on the upgrade jto be safe before upgrading to the most expensive htc one. All said my unlimited data would not be affected. Received the phone today and decided to see if theynwere truthful with me. Nope; I am in a 300 mb plan. Customer rep handling account issues refuses to help. Suggests returning the phone is my option. Has ATT stooped so slow that employees outright lie to see a phone? Unprofessiional incompetence!!!

I As a customer since 98 with four lines on our plan, I asked 3 Att reps for info on the upgrade jto be safe before upgrading to the most expensive htc one. All said my unlimited data would not be affected. Received the phone today and decided to see if theynwere truthful with me. Nope; I am in a 300 mb plan. Customer rep handling account issues refuses to help. Suggests returning the phone is my option. Has ATT stooped so slow that employees outright lie to see a phone? Unprofessiional incompetence!!!

Why do ATT employees misrepresent the truth to make a . Sale???

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 21, 2013 4:27:38 AM
(0)
Expert

vcons wrote:

most of te time is is system error, never had a rep outright lie - go into a corproate store and work it out with them or send a Private Message to Community Support is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM between the hours of 7am-10pm CST.

vcons wrote:

most of te time is is system error, never had a rep outright lie - go into a corproate store and work it out with them or send a Private Message to Community Support is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM between the hours of 7am-10pm CST.

Re: Why do ATT employees misrepresent the truth to make a . Sale???

2 of 7 (8,237 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 21, 2013 2:08:38 PM
(0)
Former Employee

What they told you was actually correct, the question is "how" the plan got changed, it didn't have to change. Where did you upgrade? In person or online, or over the phone?

What they told you was actually correct, the question is "how" the plan got changed, it didn't have to change. Where did you upgrade? In person or online, or over the phone?

3 of 7 (8,199 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 11, 2013 9:24:52 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by rogergresham on Jul 11, 2013 at 11:40:19 PM

I think its starting to get solved, look up current news of At&T after merger fell through, Looks their past couple of years have been all headed in one direction and now its changed course.  They were probably waiting to switch many of us to that home based cellular service and trying to avoid replacing outdated equipment. But i just noticed major new Phone lines all over my area, still a couple miles from me. but close to my Dlsam. This is just in the past weeks. Excited to see what is comming after reading this stuff. Though hopefully they will keep the cost down.

I think its starting to get solved, look up current news of At&T after merger fell through, Looks their past couple of years have been all headed in one direction and now its changed course.  They were probably waiting to switch many of us to that home based cellular service and trying to avoid replacing outdated equipment. But i just noticed major new Phone lines all over my area, still a couple miles from me. but close to my Dlsam. This is just in the past weeks. Excited to see what is comming after reading this stuff. Though hopefully they will keep the cost down.

[ Edited ]
4 of 7 (7,720 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 11, 2013 6:05:41 PM
(0)
Employee

You should not have lost your unlimited data plan! I recommend talking with Customer Care over the phone and requesting a case to be submitted to see if they can retrieve that plan.

Where did you do your upgrade? I recommend upgrading and making account changes in a corporate store.

You should not have lost your unlimited data plan! I recommend talking with Customer Care over the phone and requesting a case to be submitted to see if they can retrieve that plan.

Where did you do your upgrade? I recommend upgrading and making account changes in a corporate store.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 7 (7,691 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 15, 2013 5:52:18 PM
(0)
Voyager

I am on the unlimited plan -- for forever.  I was just told that if I wanted to take advantage of the $100 extra discount for an HTC phone, I would have to change my plan.  That is really chicken of ATT to require that.

I am on the unlimited plan -- for forever.  I was just told that if I wanted to take advantage of the $100 extra discount for an HTC phone, I would have to change my plan.  That is really chicken of ATT to require that.

6 of 7 (7,542 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 15, 2013 6:15:05 PM
(0)
Expert

cactusbek wrote:

told by who? A corporate store, a authorized retailer?

cactusbek wrote:

told by who? A corporate store, a authorized retailer?

7 of 7 (7,538 Views)