Why did AT&T get rid of the eMall for non-smartphones? PLEASE bring it back!

Contributor

Why did AT&T get rid of the eMall for non-smartphones? PLEASE bring it back!

Why did AT&T get rid of the eMall/App Center for non-smartphones?  This was a terrible move.  I needed to replace my phone and the ringtones, game, etc., and I can't because the eMall isn't there anymore.  I don't want to go to a 3rd party and end up spammed, slammed, crammed, identity stolen, etc.

And Bejeweled is 3 times as expensive on the homepage as it was on the AT&T website.

And I can't find "Answer the d*** phone!" (Gilbert Gottfried) anywhere.

And I'm going to have to make ringtones from MP3 files since I can't find the classical music ringtones I had anyplace else.

And this all takes a bunch of time I don't have.

Please bring the eMall/App Center back for non-smartphones... I can't afford a smartphone and the dataplan.  :-(

M.W.

Message 1 of 3 (1,415 Views)
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Why did AT&T get rid of the eMall for non-smartphones? PLEASE bring it back!

Hello, Major Wallaby!

Thank you for your post. We appreciate your feedback, and we will definitely try to look into this for you. Perhaps there is an alternate way to download tones and games without going through a third party. If you could give us some more specific information about your phone, including the model number/name, we can try to find an acceptable solution.

In the meantime, feel free to let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 3 (1,332 Views)
Tutor

Re: Why did AT&T get rid of the eMall for non-smartphones? PLEASE bring it back!

YES....WHAT HE SAID!!!!!

MajorWallaby wrote:

Why did AT&T get rid of the eMall/App Center for non-smartphones?  This was a terrible move.  I needed to replace my phone and the ringtones, game, etc., and I can't because the eMall isn't there anymore.  I don't want to go to a 3rd party and end up spammed, slammed, crammed, identity stolen, etc.

And Bejeweled is 3 times as expensive on the homepage as it was on the AT&T website.

And I can't find "Answer the d*** phone!" (Gilbert Gottfried) anywhere.

And I'm going to have to make ringtones from MP3 files since I can't find the classical music ringtones I had anyplace else.

And this all takes a bunch of time I don't have.

Please bring the eMall/App Center back for non-smartphones... I can't afford a smartphone and the dataplan.  :-(

M.W.

Message 3 of 3 (495 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.